Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usmc99mp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 09:16 AM
    virginia eviction
    I received an eviction notice for non pyment of rent for the monthe of may. Legally, can the apartment complex evict me if I pay the remainder of the rent for that month?
    LILL Posts: 212, Reputation: 15

Jul 17, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Legally, the landlord does not have to accept your payment once the eviction proceeding has started. You may be able to stop the eviction if you show up in court with past due rent, attorney fees, court costs & late fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virginia Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a problem. I first live in an apartment complex with a lease just in my name. My sons father called me because he had no place to go and I allowed him to come and stay with us. The agreement was for 2 weeks well two weeks has turned int to a few months. I have asked him to leave and...

Virginia eviction law [ 3 Answers ]

In Virginia, when I give a tenant a "5 day notice" to pay rent or quit, do I have to include the amount owed? I served one and got a court date for unlawful detainer. But my original letter does not have an amount enumerated. My internent search has proved confusing on the matter. Thanks!

Housemate eviction in Virginia [ 5 Answers ]

I am a homeowner in Virginia. More than two years ago I allowed my business partner to move into my house without a rental agreement. She brought furniture and many other personal items. During the past year I have asked her to leave several times, but without success. She dismisses my...

View more questions Search