Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnyflowers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 07:39 AM
    How to change pipes and move toilet
    We need to move the toilet back 4 inches towards the bathroom wall. How do we cut and change the drain pipes and can we replace the drain with new plastic pipe? We have already cut around and through the subfloor and exposed about have about 2 feet around the drain. Thank you in advance.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Are the drain pipoes cast iron or PVC? Is the existing pipe that needs to be shortened perpendicular to that wall?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to move a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I currently have a waste pipe which comes up through the floor, the floor is concrete And I need to move the toilet to another wall

Want to change out old pipes with PEX [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a small house with an unfinished basement that I am looking to finish with a 3/4 Bath and a Kitchenette. I really want to do this myself but have a limited amount of plumbing experience (I can sweat copper, change fixtures, etc). Since it is Galv from the junction to the house...

Pipes clank when toilet flushes [ 1 Answers ]

My pipes make a terrible clank/bang sound when the water level of the toilet is reached. It sounds like air but not sure- or is there a problem with the toilet itself?

Move toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I need to move the toilet 90* since there is a drain pipe right next to the stool,and you can not sit square?

Toys in toilet pipes [ 10 Answers ]

Hello and thank you for taking the time to offer your advice. My son (2yrs) flushed toys down the toilet (and who knows what else). I've tried a plunger - no go. I've tried the snake, but it won't go through. There is obviously hard objects blocking the entire passage. I think I need to take the...

View more questions Search