Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
    I got a eviction notice
    I got a eviction notice and I talked to the landlord and paid her some money and she said she would work with me. Well, four days later I am getting another eviction notice! What should I do or what can I do?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 12:58 PM
    You can read the eviction notice, and do your best to comply with it.

If the notice gives you a date to be out by, you better get your belongings moved out by that date.

If you do not, the sheriff will put everything you own on the curb, and unless you are there to watch it, most of it will be gone by the time you even find out what happened.

If you work out another "deal' with the landlord, be sure to get it in writing, so you have proof if you need it later.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Well sounds like she worked it out, took your money and issued another notice. If this is a notice from the landlord, go talk to them, if it is from the court, appear in court, but try and find a way to pay up all the money that is owed
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Hello s:

In some states, the landlord cannot accept partial rent and then evict for the rest. If she's accepted partial rent for the month, she cannot evict you for not paying rent that month.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction notice [ 1 Answers ]

If served an eviction notice in the state of Florida, do you have to move or if you pay the rent after eviction notice is served do you stillhave to move out of the aprtment. I told the landlord that I can't pay my rent until Thursday but she told me the home office said if I didn't pay the rent by...

Eviction Notice [ 2 Answers ]

I received a eviction notice today.Do I have to be in court the day that is stated on the notice or can I just move out forget about it?

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

Eviction notice [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm from Virginia... I have a house a just rented out for the first time... as the tenant are nice they have broke the lease agreement and subdivision laws... I have giving them several warnings in person and then sent them a written notice... im not sure if I did the written notice by law and...

View more questions Search