Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buccaneerjosh55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 03:32 PM
    What's My Ex-Girlfriend Doing? Will We Get Back Together?
    My ex-girlfriend broke off our 3 year relationship a month and a half ago. She's been talking to another guy a little but he's nowhere near her type of dating interest. When we first broke-up she said I didn't need to talk about it otherwise it'd just push her away. So she would send me a random text message here or there and a phone call here or there, but as just friends. However in the last 2 weeks, I told her I was going to give her, her space and just back off. Since then she has called me everyday usually at least twice a day and even more on the text messages. However, whenever the subject of me and her comes up she continues to shoot it down and says I hurt her too bad, and we'll never get back together. If I hurt her so bad, then why is she calling me so often? The few times I haven't picked up her phone calls, she starts to call me multiple times in very short periods until I actually respond. Also she invites me places still and is very hands on. Last week she invited me to lunch and when there she was brushing my hair back, trying to hand feed me a cookie, etc. Last weekend we went to a hockey game and she laid on in me in the car. I don't know what to think because yesterday she started saying "does me calling you so much lead you on into thinking we might get back together because I dont want it to"? She says we need to approach our "situation" as it'll never happen again, but if it does be surprised and happy. I finally decided last night I can't deal with this no more. I love her, and I want to be with her, and she knows it, but she continues to shoot down the idea, yet act like this around me. So I told her we needed to take a break and not talk as much. Yesterday she even fussed at me for approaching our situation as there was still a chance, and soon as she got off the phone, she sent me a text message saying she was sorry for upsetting me and for getting upset at me.

Deep down I believe her actions speak louder than words, and that it's just a matter of time before she tries to get back together with me, but she's always saying no. All of my close friends and family around the situation also believe she's going to come back to me based off her actions. I mean what girl ends a relationship says you hurt her that bad, and then calls you all the time or messages you all the time? I really want us to get back together, and I think by cutting her off for awhile is the best thing to do for us to get back together, but I'm so afraid this will blow up in my face, and she won't miss me or care about it. Does it sound like a woman who will come back to me or no?
    kuulski Posts: 129, Reputation: 11

Nov 28, 2007, 03:48 PM
    I think you should go NC and see how she reacts. No contact No Phone No Email No Text etc.. She keeps shooting down the idea but her actions do seem to be saying other things. What happened? Did you cheat? What hurt her and caused this to happen?
    Also the not being her type thing I wouldn't be concerned with she could want this guy just because he isn't u. Be careful and good luck!
    buccaneerjosh55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 04:02 PM
    She left me because she said I didn't give her enough attention in our relationship, and she was tired of feeling last in my life.
    Dan_H Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 05:50 PM
    I had the same situation with my girlfriend, I decided to focus abit more on myself, hung with friends blah blah blah all the stuff the other people will probably post on this page and every time she called me I was with friends laughing and having a blast. She cried during those times as it was harder on her than me because she broke up with me and ended up regretting it, personally if I were in your shoes I would lay off abit, talk to her once a week see where things go from that. (btw I'm back together with my gf)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know if my ex-girlfriend wants to come back to me? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know what signs I need to recognize if my ex-girlfriend is thinking about getting back to me, or at least still keeps me around as a friend after we had been together for about a year.

How to get my girlfriend back [ 8 Answers ]

All right well here it goes. Broke up with my girlfriend of almost a year to a little more then weeks ago. She said I didn't show enough emotion towards here like bring her out with my friends and public affection but she was all right with it for 10 months and she knew that wasn't my style. 1st...

Need help getting my ex girlfriend back [ 4 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend broke up like 2 months ago, at first I was her little pet I will admit, we just hung out and we went from sex to kisses on the cheeks, pitiful I know... but I decided to ignore her for a week, and she then started talking about she needs me in her life but she doesn't...

Can I get my girlfriend back? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I met about 4 months ago, and quickly fell into each others arms with trust and confidence. She waited 3-4 weeks to go out with me until she was completely sure, and I couldn't be happier about it now. I could have a great deal of fun with this girl, and I also thought she was...

View more questions Search