Ask
    Amydefeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Not Expert Advise
    Not expert advise
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Depends. The bank will be the primary lienholder. So if they foreclose and auction the house off, then the balance owed will go first to them. If there is any left, then it goes to the lien.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Hello Amy:

I don't know if the IRS get's theirs first or the bank. However, as far as YOU'RE concerned, it doesn't matter. If the IRS gets paid off and the bank doesn't, the bank will sue you. If the bank gets paid and the IRS doesn't, the lien will follow you until it DOES get paid.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amydefeo
    Not expert advise
    It appears you edited your original question to the above. I don't understand why. But the advice you have gotten was accurate. A mortgage holder has a first lien. I don't think even the IRS can supercede that. So the bank gets first crack at the proceeds from the sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal Taxes paid in [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find out if my previous employer has paid any of the taxes they took out of my checks? Thanks! Just curious

My Junior Lien Deed just got foreclosed on [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have any recourse that I can pursue to recover the monies loaned out to a friend of a friend and secured by a deed of trust on a property that just foreclosed.

Landlords home is being foreclosed on. [ 6 Answers ]

I am from Missouri and the owner of the home we are renting is being foreclosed on due to nonpayment. We have been paying our rent on time but we are faced with being evicted. What are our rights and since we have a years lease are they obligated to reimburse us for they remainder 6month lease?

Lien - Who gets paid first ? [ 2 Answers ]

Six years ago an acquaintance of mine bought a house and makes monthly mortgage payments to the bank. Five years ago he was convicted of a felony in a U.S. Federal Court and is required to make a monthly restitution payment to the U.S. government. At the time of his conviction the U.S. Federal...

Do I file federal taxes if I didn't paid any [ 4 Answers ]

Do I file fereal taxes if I have not paid any I only for 3 months but only for one day a week (71/2 hours a days for 3 months ) I been on LOA for a year . I filed in 2004 (work until I went on Medical leave) I have 2 children so that why they didn't take any federal...

View more questions Search