Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KENYETTA1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Evicting a roomie that is not on the lease
    I let a friend move in with me in my apartment which is leased under my mother's name, she has now stayed with me for about 3 or 4 months and only gave me money once, she has left out of town for over a week now and I'm not for sure if she plans on coming back, but once again she didn't pay her portion of the bills for the month. She still have some belonging in the apartment but I want her and her stuff out as soon as possible what are my options, I have been calling her on her cell for over a week and she won't answer I don't have a address for her and no other means of getting in contact with her to tell her I want her out.

Thanks in advance
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Hello Ken:

You need to evict her according to your states landlord tenant laws.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 06:51 AM
    She has established residency, which means you will have to go through a formal eviction. However, since you can't serve her with a written notice this may take a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting a rental person that doesn't have a lease [ 2 Answers ]

We have a lady who is renting our house in Fl and it was under Section 8. Well this lady was suppose to be moved out of our house on the 31st of Aug. We have just learned that she is still living there without a lease and the property management that we have hired has not done anything to get her...

Evicting Tenant Without a Lease in FL [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I am new to this site so hello to everybody out there! I am having a problem with a nightmare roommate who I have asked to leave, but anticipate having problems with her actually moving out. I am in Florida and I am technically not supposed to have a roommate who is not on the lease,...

How long do I have to give before evicting when there's no written agreement or lease [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house that I'm letting an acquaintance live in with the verbal understanding that she is to make my house payment every month until she can get financing to purchase. She has informed me that she cannot pay the payment this month and she has no intention of getting a loan for at least 3...

Evicting sellers ex-boyfriend, no lease [ 9 Answers ]

Closed on the purchase of a single family residence last week. The seller lives out of state and had, to my knowledge, no rental agreement with her ex-boyfriend who had lived in the house for 3 years. 3 weeks prior to close he moved his furniture indicating he had a clear understanding he must...

Evicting someone not on the lease [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of VA. My older brother has been living with me and my children for over a year now as he needed a place to stay. I didn't think this would be a long term thing but it doesn't look like he plans on going anywhere. He is not the easiest person to get along with and doesn't pay...

View more questions Search