Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miller123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
    My land lord wants to end my lease n kik me out
    Hi my land lord told me I have 60 days to leave the house he said I broke the lease
    Win I did not cut the bushes I live her for 12 years I cut the grass 3 moths a go he went
    N cut a lot of bushes and trees what out asking me the size he cut is 175ft long by 50 ft wide
    Now he wants me to cut them be cause there growing back I said no way then he said
    I broke the lease I still want to pay the rent he won't take it its ben two months
    N I have not paid rent now he wants the rent after 2 months I don't want to pay him
    My question is how much time I got in the house if I don't pay him rent
    Please let me no thanks
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Okay, it's heard to understand what you are saying, your typing isn't easy to read.

If you agreed in the lease to cut the lawn/trees/bushes/whatever
    You have to do so. If he says you have 60 days, to move, because you broke the lease, you have 60 days before he can evict you. (That's a standard lease agreement, check your lease to make sure it is correct.) You also probably have to pay the 2 months back rent. If the 60 days is up, he can evict you at any time, I believe.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 07:49 PM
    It is very hard to understand, but it said you are not paying ( withholding money) if you did not pay your rent payment, they can kick you out.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 08:11 PM
    And I would go so far as to say, if you have been living there 12 years, it's likely that right now you are on a month-to-month lease. (Unless you have been re-signing a lease every year.) In which case, he can ask you to leave for any reason with either 30 or 60 day notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord putting house up for sale before end of lease [ 8 Answers ]

I entered a 1-year lease on 3/1/2007. I was informed by a realtor on 6/4/07 that the house was going up for sale but not to worry, it might take months for it to sell... Can a landlord do this? Even if the house takes a year to sell, how about my right to enjoy a quiet environment (for sale...

Failure to leave at end of lease [ 7 Answers ]

I have 2 tenants whose lease was up at 12 noon today. They did not clean all their belongings out, finish cleaning the house, nor turn in their keys. What am I legally allowed to do to get their stuff out and the house in order for the new tenants who are scheduled to take over tomorrow? House...

End of lease [ 3 Answers ]

My son lives in New Jersey. The lease on his apartment was due to close in Sept 2005. He was in the process of buying a home and needed to stay one month past his lease. He spoke with property management about the situation on more than one occasion. He was requesting a month-to-month...

Land lord entry [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I went away for a month and I spent a lot of time worring that the landlord would enter my apartment well I was gone (it happened with a preveous land lord) I was just wondering if she could do that because I was not there for her to give any notice to if she wanted to enter the apartment...

View more questions Search