Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teabag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Real estate lien
    I work for a sign company and about 4 months ago we manufactured and installed some signage, the building that we installed at, now has only paid us a portion of what was owed
    I have tried to resolve the issue and have gotten nowhere.

My question is how do I put a lien on the building for payment?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2007, 11:16 AM
    You need to check the rules in your area for filing a "mechanic's lien". See if you qualify. If not, you will have to sue them, obtain a judgement and then file a lien.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Junior Note Foreclosure lien on other real property [ 3 Answers ]

Can a junior note holder, in this case a second put a lien on another real property owned by the same party? The property is in California and will be going into foreclosure. The second is not a purchase money second. It was taken out after. The second is calling and saying they are going...

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

How do I and what are the costs of adding my name to a property fully paid off in a defacto and a non defacto situation? :o

Real Estate [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a house on land contract --- The warranty deed is in one persons name and he quick claimed the house to his girlfriend. She is the one who I have the land contract with. Is it legal? And can he take the house back?

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search