Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Sep 4, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Disturbing dreams
    I have had so many dreams that my partner is with other women cheating and what not.. has this happened to anyone in their pregnancy? I know vivid dreams are a part of pregnancy, but these dreams are actually starting to worry me.
    carebear-22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 04:55 PM
    I did have these dreams during my pregnanacy and my dreams was he cheated with my own sis but I knew they couldn't be true but they eventually went away after pregnancy and still come back every now and then but not really
    nayame79 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 05:42 PM
    I am 40weeks pregnant and yes I do have these dream. I guess its normal for pregnant women to through this even though its very annoying and very upseting. I know there are just dreams but I'm always very angry with my husband every time I dream about him cheating.
    So your not alone I guess is the pregnancy!

Sep 4, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Well it's good to hear that it's just not me.. I do the same thing I get angry at my partner for waking up from having a bad dream about him because it just feels so real.. and Ive also been insecure.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Sep 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I'm having awful dreams that my husband dies alomost every night and if I'm not dreaming of that I am having dreams that my grandmother comes back from the dead and when I see her she always looks sick so I take her to the hospital and as I'm driving she starts to fade away so by the time I get to the hospital she is gone again.
    Oh and I'm seeing all kind of ghost and some demons.
    I can't wait for them to go away they wake me in the middle of the night and scare me to death...
    It's AWFULL...
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 07:43 PM
    It is very common to have these dreams. Whether you love your pregnancy or not, there is always a point in a woman's pregnancy that she feels insecure about her appearance, and physical changes. Toss in the raging pregnancy hormones running full force, and it's a perfect mixture for wild and vivid dreams. Dreams, I feel, are your minds way of bringing out your deepest fears, concerns, hopes, curiosities, questions and asperations that you tend to push back to the darkest corners of your mind during the day.(atleast that is the case with me) I rarely dream, however when I am pregnant, I get bombarded with dreams. And most of them tend to be the "cheaters" dreams. With both pregnancies. These dreams would be so vivid, I would wake up in hysterical tears, or so incredibly mad at my husband I would roll away and refuse to look at him, fuming for the rest of the night HAH. Luckily he was almost always asleep and completely unaware of my crazy dreams. Of course I never had anything to worry about, but no matter how secure you feel in your marriage, fears are bound to creep into your dreams. Don't take these dreams too seriously. They are almost always blown way out of proportion by the hormones. They can range from hilarious, to terrifying, to just outright confusing. Write them down and once months have past after you baby is born, you can look back at them and laugh. They are always more entertaining looking back, then when you first experience them.

Sep 5, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Thank you so much this makes me feel a lot better.. Yeah I don't know if it's cause I anticipate these dreams because I do feel insecure and think about a lot of things while I'm awake or if they were actually true!. Like I dreamt I was having a boy and I found out I was having a boy.. then I dreamt I passed my mucus plug and a couple days later I did.. and then Im having all these cheating dreams so Im like.. could this mean he's cheating.. and like you said you woke up crying.. I would do the same it just feels so real and like your feelings really do get hurt its crazy.. but it might just be because I think about these things so much like you say.. practically my whole pregnancy I felt like there was someone else and then on top of that I've dreamt it so much.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Sep 5, 2007, 09:01 AM
    I had the cheating dreams in the beginning, but now I have dreams of people being killed. Just yesterday I had one that my hubby was in a car accident and he died. I got the phone call and had to id the body and everything! It really freaks me out! I also dream my brothers have been killed, usually 2 of the 3 will die in the same dream. It's horrible. I used to wake up crying, but now I just wake up really worried and call everyone, tell them that I love them and that they had better be careful! I always tell them about my dream and they reassure me that everything is okay. These pregnancy hormones are insane!
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Your dreams are incredibly vivid when pregnant. I would wake up sooo sure that he had done me wrong.hehe. I would confront him all the time " are you sure you'd never cheat on me?!" poor man.most likely, its just coincodence that everything seems to be turning out true. Does he give you any reason to believe he is cheating, other then your dreams?have you told him of your concerns. Its so easy to fear that your man isn't faithful to you, when you aren't happy with the way you look. However in all truth, most men actually find pregnant women to be VERY alluring, so our concerns are often for nothing.

Sep 5, 2007, 09:09 AM
    I'm right there with you buggage! When I did have dreams of my husband being unfaithful I always gave him the 5th degree! I amazingly actually fear less about him having an affair now that I'm pregnant than before. I accuse him of 'looking' all the time, but I know he would never cheat. I'm just tired of dreaming everyone dies! It's horrible! The things our men have to deal with! LOL
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Hehee oh yea. I'm sure we seem more mental then usual to them when we are preggy.

Sep 5, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Ha ha, yeah, my hubby is always asking why I'm crying or why I'm doing this or that. I just tell him because I'm pregnant. He almost always laughs! I know he's got to think I'm crazy somedays, though.

Sep 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    your dreams are incredibly vivid when pregnant. I would wake up sooo sure that he had done me wrong.hehe. I would confront him all the time " are you sure you'd never cheat on me?!" poor man.most likely, its just coincodence that everything seems to be turning out true. does he give you any reason to believe he is cheating, other then your dreams?have you told him of your concerns. its so easy to fear that your man isnt faithful to you, when you arent happy with the way you look. however in all truth, most men actually find pregnant women to be VERY alluring, so our concerns are often for nothing.

Yeah well see that's the thing he actually does give me a reason to believe he is because he hasn't acted the same at all.. and all we do is argue and we didn't talk for 2 whole months and I really don't know if he did anything within those 2 months.. he says he didn't but I always thought he was plus when I dream it.. it just intensifies the fear that he is.

Sep 5, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by automansgirl
    I had the cheating dreams in the beginning, but now I have dreams of people being killed. Just yesterday I had one that my hubby was in a car accident and he died. I got the phone call and had to id the body and everything! It really freaks me out! I also dream my brothers have been killed, usually 2 of the 3 will die in the same dream. It's horrible. I used to wake up crying, but now I just wake up really worried and call everyone, tell them that I love them and that they had better be careful! I always tell them about my dream and they reassure me that everything is okay. These pregnancy hormones are insane!
    Yeah it's crazy how real your dreams feel.. waking up confused all the time.. I even have had dreams with like crocodiles chasing me.. now that's crazy!
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Hmmmm. Well, this is definitely something that you need to clearify with your man. If he has been doing things on the side, you need to know, for your safety as well as your baby's safety. Even if he didn't cheat, it definitely sounds as though you are having marital issues. It could just be that he is getting freaked out about being a father, or it could be something much deeper. Either way, its not okay for him to be cheating on you(if he is), so its definitely something that I hope you can get to the bottom of soon.

Sep 5, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Yeah Im always on his back about it and he's just always claiming he's not doing nothing and that I speculate too much, but he doesn't realize that I have reasons to speculate.. He said he stopped talking to me because we were argueing too much and I kept telling him about stressing me out all the time and that it wasn't good for the baby.. but I just feel that it's not good enough of an excuse because he didn't call for 2 months, and suddenly when I was in my last month he starts calling me wanting to know how I'm doing and everything and he came to the babyshower.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Well, if he's going to be a good man to you, and a good daddy, he can't just run out of your life whenever things get too hot. Its sticking around when the times are rough that makes a person great. That something he needs to get figured out, if he doesn't want to lose your trust in him, or just completely lose you out of his life. (if its not too late already?)He can't expect to pop in and out of your lives(esp his kids) if he wants any kind of sound relationship. Trust is a precious commodity, and once its lost, its hard to get back. I hope things work to the best for you. Follow your instincts, as they are usually right, especially if you have any proof to back them up.
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 5, 2007, 09:42 PM
    I think that whatever you do, you might want to try to watch it a little. Don't let those dreams get the best of you, your baby is feeling everything you feel, so imagine how its affecting the poor thing. Try to keep calm in any situation that comes up because you wouldn't want your child to be born with trauma, would you? I was born with birth trauma because the time my mom was pregnant with me, my dad was actually cheating on her, not only that, he used to beat her, she lived sort of with fear, plus they were poor and other things that came out to affect me. I'm an adult now and to this point my unconscious hasn't gotten over what happened early in my life. So I'm just here warning you to try everything you can to stay balanced emotionally, psychologically, physically and spiritually for the sake of the human being you're bringing to life. I know it's easier said than done but please just try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange, disturbing dreams [ 67 Answers ]

Please tell me its normal to have weird ****ed up dreams when you're pregnant... I'm having all these dreams of blood and the baby being born dead and the baby screaming and reaching out to me, etc. Ugh. I had one last night that seemed to last the WHOLE night and it was really sick and disgusting....

Disturbing Message [ 4 Answers ]

I just now got a disturbing message on my Yahoo messenger. Let me give you some background: My husband had an ex girlfriend that got in contact with him a few months ago. He asked if it bothered me if he talked to her and I said no, because of course I'm not going to prevent him from talking...

Disturbing Behavior [ 2 Answers ]

My son has displayed signs of disturbing behavior,he is 24,he has left excrement on my coffee table while drinking,and could not give me an explanation of why he did this,this is not the first time.I am worried he might need some help etc and don't know what to do, help:confused:

Disturbing Movie Haunting Me [ 9 Answers ]

I watched a documentary this weekend that I can't get loose from like a bad nightmare... called The Grizzly Man. It's the story of Tim Treadwell who was killed by a bear in Alaska in 2003. It was listed on my online dvd rental site and without looking too closely at the description, I sent for it....

View more questions Search