Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pazmocars Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 10:54 AM
    How do I evict a tenant who is on a mth-to-mth contract with another tenant!
    I have 2 people who are on the mth-to-mth contract, 1 tenant I would Like to keep but the other I would like to evict pays his portion late and this month he has not paid his portion.
    Contract does not state anything about each one having to pay there own portion but does state that they are responsible to pay the full amt of rent. What can I do, where do I start because I would like to keep 1 of the tenants the responsible one. How do I get rid of him!
    THANK YOU LOTS!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Hello paz:

If you have one contract with them both, you need to end it by giving them a 30 day notice. Then you can approach the guy you like and offer him a lease on his own. Of course, his rent has now effectivly doubled. Do you think he'll stay with those terms?

excon
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Sep 5, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Are they both on the lease?
    It is not easy to get tennants out at alll if there is no lease.
    If they are on the same lease if you have one it may be possible, if you have probable cause for wanting him out.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 02:09 PM
    If they are on a lease you can't get them out prior to the end of the lease. You could approach the responsible party and ask them to renew on his own but that would probably double his cost.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Hello again, paz:

Here's what I said the first time you asked. Nothing has changed, cepting now you wannna give 'em 60 days. I don't know why?

----------------------------------------------

If you have one contract with them both, you need to end it by giving them a 30 day notice. Then you can approach the guy you like and offer him a lease on his own. Of course, his rent has now effectivly doubled. Do you think he'll stay with those terms?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict a tenant without a lease [ 2 Answers ]

In Illinois, how do I legally evict my tenant that does not have a lease for non payment of rent?

6 mth old great pyreneese [ 13 Answers ]

Just wondering if any pyr owners have experienced joint pain and fatigue in young pyrs. My male pyr just turned 6 months old, and already has torn a cartlage in his right shoulder and his hips and legs seem so stiff. This breed grows at such a rate, I'm afraid that he is developing a problem,...

Can a tenant evict an occupant? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I as a tenant, (only my name is on the lease) evict someone living in my house who is only listed as an occupant?

How much activity is good for a 5 mth old puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 5 month old Germ Shep mix pup and was wondering how much activity he needs each day. He usually plays (fetch, runs around house and yard) in the morning and goes on a walk every day around 1pm and then sleeps all afternoon and only plays a little in the evening before going to his...

I am on OPT 9 mth NY and 3 mth NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just completed my MBA in 2nd September 05 and was working in the university New york , no my OPT is going on and I got a job in New Jersey Do I get two W2 forms one in my university and one in my work place? So how do I about the taxes? What all do I need? Please suggest if you know...

View more questions Search