Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naomichan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Quit claim deed and divorce
    Hello. I am confused about quit claim deed. My husband I are separating and we haven't decided 100% we are getting divoced yet. He bought a house 7 years ago and we lived in the house for 7 years. And we have been married for 2 years. My husband called me to tell me he is having a financial problem and wants to refinance the house. He said in order to do that I need to sign quit claim deed. I am wondering he is tricking me so that he doesn't have to share the profit of the house when he sell it? What is legal implication if I sign the paper when we divorce?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 27, 2007, 06:04 AM
    He's tricking you! If he wants to refinance, let him go ahead. You just need to sign the loan papers as co-owner. Tell him to let you know when and where the closing is and you will be there. But if you quit claim the property to him, you will no longer have an ownership interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit Claim Deed/Contract for Deed [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have posted before. I had a contract for deed piece of property, and have myself been going back and forth with a lawyer and the client. Trying to make a offer to end this nightmare. I offered them 1000.00 in 10 payments and at the end of that to sign a quitclaim deed or 500.00 and...

Divorce: Quit claim deed under duress [ 2 Answers ]

My husband will only try reconciliation if I sign a quit claim deed to our marital property. If this reconciliation does not work out, will I be able to claim duress? We reside in NYS.

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

Need Info on Quit Claim Deed - Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! To cut to the chase, here's my situation: My ex and I were legally divorced last year, however my name is still on the house. She's ruining my credit by late paying, etc. Divorce is a nightmare! In a nutshell, the house is legally hers as the divorce papers show. She keeps the equity...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search