Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eference Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Renting a room in a beauty salon
    I pay full time rent for a room ia a beauty salon, but I profer to use the room four days a week. I pay the rent so as to not share the room.Does the owner have the right to ask me too allow someone else to use the room in my absence?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 09:52 AM
    What does your lease state? I would think that if you pay full time rent for that room that the owner could not allow someone else to use that room in your absence. But go to your lease agreement to find the terms and conditions. If the lease does not grant the owner those rights, then you have to address this with her. If you cannot come to an agreement, then you can pursue this legally. Also, before talking to her, contact an attorney. It never hurts to know your specific rights before talking to any landlord.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eference
    I pay full time rent for a room ia a beauty salon, but I profer to use the room four days a week. I pay the rent so as to not share the room.Does the owner have the right to ask me too allow someone else to use the room in my absence?
    Hello ef:

I don't think so. I understand that you have a landlord who doesn't agree. If you can't talk with your landlord reasonably, then I would send her a letter, saying that it's YOUR space even when you're not using it. If she wants to have a body there doing hair, YOU should receive the rent from the other stylist.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract for renting a room in salon [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I wonder if anyone can help, I am a self employed beautician who at the moment rents a room and has profit share in a local beauty salon. My problem is this... At this time I pay a rent of £25.00 per week to the salon owner plus I give her 55% of all moneys I take. This is what I and...

Beauty when I'm older [ 19 Answers ]

Will I be beautiful when I'm older ?

Beauty spots [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have beauty spots all over my face. I have never thought it to be a problem until recently when I started getting them on my nose. It is a real confidence knocker. Is there a solution to get rid of them? Such as laser or a good remedy? Please help.. thanks

What detemines beauty? [ 4 Answers ]

I am researching what chemicals and physical attributes make people attracted to each other. I am looking for a scientific answer. Thank you for any help you can offer.

View more questions Search