Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aht106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Eviction of Adult Child in Florida
    My son is 21, married, and has a 9 month old daughter. They lived in an apartment for one year, then asked to move back in with us. He and his wife agreed to pay rent, but she moved out because he won't get a job. (he has a million excuses) We keep the baby 3 days a week and he participates in her care but we pay for all of her needs. We know he is suffering with depression but he refuses to seek help. Is anyone familiar with Florida's law on this topic? I think a good dose of reality might wake him up.
    mcalpi_d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aht106
    My son is 21, married, and has a 9 month old daughter. They lived in an apartment for one year, then asked to move back in with us. He and his wife agreed to pay rent, but she moved out because he won't get a job. (he has a million excuses) We keep the baby 3 days a week and he participates in her care but we pay for all of her needs. We know he is suffering with depression but he refuses to seek help. Is anyone familiar with Florida's law on this topic? I think a good dose of reality might wake him up.
    I sympathize with you. I have a daughter, 22 yrs old, and totally useless. i've been trying to get her in therapy for yrs. Yet she exists only to suck the life out of me (i have ms) i live on disability so when she became too much of a burden i threw her out. She has stolen thousands in property, since i never filed a police report i didn't have a leg to stand on. Anyway, when i threw her out the police came to my door with her, telling me that i was the one breaking the law. Apparently, florida law dictates that once a person establishes residency in your home, only an eviction through the courts can remove them. Go figure! If you find out any more information please let me know. i'm disabled and it is difficult for me to pursue this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

What is the law governing the eviction of a person or persons for non-payment of Rent? Please include the time element involved if possible

Notice of eviction for adult with child [ 1 Answers ]

How long of a notice would my mother have to give me to evict me from her home if I have a child and don't pay rent?

Eviction of an adult child [ 2 Answers ]

How do I evict a family member who has no lease, pays no rent nor any of the monthly household expenses. I can not get him to just leave, he says to 'evict him'.

Nj eviction of adult child [ 1 Answers ]

27 year old lives at home in NJ. Has drug problems and is suspected of stealing items and cash from us. Refuses to leave when told to. How to legally get him out and restrain him from coming around

Eviction of adult child [ 1 Answers ]

At what age can a parent legally evict an adult child living in their home and be able to count on police assistance if necessary?

View more questions Search