Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomkatpress Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Carpet replacement in apartment
    What are the laws on the replacement of carpeting in an apartment? How often is it supposed to be replaced?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Hello tom:

There are no laws on the subject.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
    As excon said, unless there are some local laws, normally there is no time limit. If the carpet is unsafe or a health hazard then it may be possible then they should replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overpaying for Carpet stains in an apartment [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! Help! My rental/leasing company is trying to charge me for the replacement of my previous apartments entire carpet. There were 5 ink stains in one room of the apartment. I have no problem paying for that one room, but they are insisting that I have to pay for the entire apartment....

Carpet replacement Statute [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and I have been told that there is a statute which stipulates the landlord and or renting facility must replace the carpet after 7 years. Is this true? If this is true does the carpet need to be cleaned by the renter prior to this happening? Second (or third, however you...

Carpet Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I were renting in oceanside, Ca. we were getting our final inspection on the house and the said we owe the $650 for the carpet because of a pet accident on the carpet. We heard the if you rental a place for more than a year in CA, that the landlord has to replace the carpet. Is this...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

New carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had new carpet installed in my home and each time I vacuum it, the vacuum leaves fuz on the carpet. Is this normal for new carpet or is it a problem with my vacuum, which is also new. We have low pile carpet and the vacuum is set on medium height.

View more questions Search