Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdoxakis7768 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Sale of Rental Property
    We are in the process of attempting sale on our property in Tennessee. The tenant in this house refuses to let us show the house for sale. We received a judgement to get her out but she filed an appeal at last minute. Is there a statute that allows us an "absolute right" to show this house?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
    What does your lease say? Most lease include provision for showing the property. If you lease does, show up with the police.
    sdoxakis7768 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 10:20 AM
    No - Unfortunately our lease does not have provisions for showing the property. She has taken her refrigerator and several other things out of the house and is not even staying there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2007, 11:01 AM
    At the top of this forum is a note with links to state laws. Check the laws for your state to see if access to show the property is codified. If its not, you are out of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental Property [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California. I rented a home to a tenant, with a one year lease. Now, I don't think I'll be able to continue to pay the mortgage, even with the rental income. What happens if I'm unable to pay the mortgage and the house goes into foreclosure? Specifically, what happens to the tenant? ...

Sale of property for $1 [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to sell property to an older sister for $1 to prevent a ex-wife from putting a lien on it. It is in PA

Property Sale/inheritance Law [ 1 Answers ]

My brother, sister and I were raised by our great-aunt. She passed away nearly 10 yrs. Ago. The house and property she lived in at the time is still in her name. My brother has been taking care of upkeep and taxes for all of these years. And it was decided among the 3 of us that the house should be...

View more questions Search