Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaa Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Name on Lease but did not sign
    I live in VA. Two other tenets signed the lease. I stayed there a couple of weeks. I left the house but now the landloard is saying I am responsible to pay for some rent. My name was on a lease but I have not signed it am I obligated to the house.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Hello michaa:

No.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Are you living there? Or have you just been considering it? If you didn't sign the lease but paid the 1st months and a deposit it might be considered you agreed to the lease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

What happens when landlord doesn't sign lease? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I'm in Austin, Texas. Moved into an apartment 6 weeks ago. Went through the lease with the agent, initialed and signed everything. I asked for a copy of the lease, and was told that the manager needs to sign it, and I should get it a copy in a few days. Fast forward... it's 6 weeks...

Did not sign lease [ 6 Answers ]

Someone added me to there lease as a occupant and I DID NOT sign any lease. Well now the person didn't pay as agreeded on there signed lease and the credit company is holding me responsible, what can I do about this? I have a copy of the lease and I am listed as a occupant but at the bottom of the...

When is the proper time to let a tenant sign a lease. [ 4 Answers ]

Help!! My husband and I have decided to rent our home. We found renters back in October. My husband handled everything. (Sort of.) Against my approval he let them sign the lease by only giving us half the deposit, not including having first months rent! We were first time landlords and they...

Paid security deposit did not sign lease [ 7 Answers ]

I need to get accurate advice on my rights. I applied for an apartment and was accepted. The complex has a waiting list and I have had to wait for 2 months for the apartment to open up. I was required to give a $480 security deposit on receipt of the approval letter and have not yet signed the...

View more questions Search