Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorinah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Did not sign lease
    Someone added me to there lease as a occupant and I DID NOT sign any lease. Well now the person didn't pay as agreeded on there signed lease and the credit company is holding me responsible, what can I do about this? I have a copy of the lease and I am listed as a occupant but at the bottom of the lease it says all residents Must sign. The lease is only in this other persons name and they signed it, I never even lived there!!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2007, 04:49 AM
    AS them to produce the lease with your signature, if no lease than no contract, no contract, no claim.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Were you living there when the "person" did not pay ?

How long have you lived there?

Did the other person move out and leave you there ?

All this can mean various things, if the other person moved out and you stayed you may have went into a month to month rental agreement acutmaticly depending on the county or state you live in. Rental laws vary by location and even city laws at times.

But if you were merely listed as a occumpant, did not sign, and moved at at the time or before the other person did not pay, you can ask them to prove in writing you owe the money.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Send a letter to the credit compnay stating that you don't know why your name is on the lease, that you never signed the lease nor did you ever live on the premises. Tell them to produce a copy of the lease with your signature or leave you alone.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Jan 8, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Dispute any claim in writing.
    dorinah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 11:21 AM
    I have disputed all claims on this with the credit companies & all besides transunion have removed it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Go after the reporting agency as well. They should be ordering the credit bureaus to remove it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

For all those who didn't vote [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry for the late comment, Ive been rather busy last week. I however wasn't to busy to get out and vote. Although I don't make practice of broadcasting who I voted for, I will say I was pleased with the outcome. I wanted to come here and lecture to the non voters. My wife didn't vote, and...

Paid security deposit did not sign lease [ 7 Answers ]

I need to get accurate advice on my rights. I applied for an apartment and was accepted. The complex has a waiting list and I have had to wait for 2 months for the apartment to open up. I was required to give a $480 security deposit on receipt of the approval letter and have not yet signed the...

Didn't know where else to post this, but need help concerning dreams [ 18 Answers ]

I broke up with my ex two days before valentines day this year, well he broke up with me. We were only together for 3 months but I've never felt so strongly for anyone else. Since we broke up I've just been feeling the same pain of it and he's all I think about. Anyway I think it's the fact I...

View more questions Search