Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kilbaraberry Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Land contract
    I'm in a land contract that states it's a month to month landlord tennent relation does that mean I give him 30 day notice to leave and that's it?I can no longer afford the payments here and have to move
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Yes, in most, you will lose your down payment if you don't follow though with the contract, and the landlord would not be able to break the contract, if it is a real purchase agreement.
    But yes normally you should just be able to give a 30 day notice.

In fact many sellers who do land contracts hope that you will, since many make their money re-selling the same property time and time again, keeping the down payment each time.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kilbaraberry
    im in a land contract that states its a month to month landlord tennent relation does that mean i give him 30 day notice to leave and thats it?I can no longer afford the payments here and have to move
    Just curious: how long was the tenancy to last before the tenancy became a sale? It sounds as though a 30 day notice is sufficient.

Jul 2, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Actually its based on me being able to get financeing which I cant
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Actualy its based on me being able to get financeing which i cant
    It definitely sounds like a tenancy, with a 30 day notice. Is the landlord holding a security deposit? If so, just leave it clean.

Jul 2, 2008, 06:27 PM
    It was 3000 (down payment)it hurts to lose it but if I stay ill lose more than I can afford
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 08:59 PM
    It was 3000 (down payment)it hurts to lose it but if I stay ill lose more than i can afford
    Ouch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting out of a land contract [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband got a modular home on a land contract (without the land its in a park) we filed bankrupt a year and half ago but continued to make payments but now we have an offer to get a real house and we want out of the house we are in but they are saying we own it. But how do we when we have...

Land contract [ 1 Answers ]

Both my sister and I hv mortgages on our homes... She also wanted my home and I was ready for a change due to a divorce and do not need such a big home any longer... we owe the same amount on each mortgage so we want to swap houses... She has bad credit and cannot get another loan so we want to...

Land contract [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Before I got married, I had a land contract on our house through my mom who has no lean on the house. It's a 30 year contract but it only has my name on it. We now have kids and want to have her name on the contract as well. My mother also agreed to give us a better interest rate. She had...

Bad land contract? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I know.. if I FIRST got an attorney involved.. but I did not. I NOW have one though.. Trying to condense.. I sold my home on a 6 month land contract. 10,000 down, 1000 a month ( mort. Pmt) then in 6 months to obtain financing and close... well he pretty much paid me even the 6 months pmts,...

View more questions Search