Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddyo62755 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Florida squatters rights
    Pasco county Florida. Ann owned 2 acres (X & Y). Some 10+ years ago she took 1 acre (X) and put her daughter Mary as co-owner. Mary & then husband Bill put a house on it. Ann put a house on the other acre (Y) and put a line from the well located on (X). She also used the drive-way located on (X). The agreement was that Ann did not have to pay the taxes on her share of (X), use the water & drive-way. Now Mary is divorced from Bill & lives with boyfriend (Bob) for about 2 years now. Bob now wants Ann to pay 1/2 the taxes which Ann is refusing to do. He states he is now a co-owner of (X) through "Squatters" rights. He is blocking the drive-way to Ann and is now threatening to cut off the water line to (Y). Bill has said he will attest to the original agreement but nothing is in writing. What rights do Ann have? What rights do Bob have? Thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 01:42 PM
    This kind of sounds like a homework question. But I'll take the chance that it's not. Bob has no rights at all. Squatter's rights no longer exist since they have been replaced by the law of adverse possession. Bob does not qualify as an adverse possessor. Ann has full rights to the well and driveway since she is a co-owner of X. Only Mary has the right to sue Ann for payment of one-half of the taxes for X.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida Squatters Rights [ 1 Answers ]

I was forced by my city to clean up my property as well as two other properties that abutt my property in order to stop a code enforcement lien against my property, I Just Bought from previous owner. (His Mess) Abutt Property owners refuse to pay me for property clean up on there abutt...

Squatters rights Florida [ 3 Answers ]

Been living in a condo for about 2 years, been receiving mail, paying association dues out of my pocket, just found out they are going to foreclose soon. I am not the owner what are my rights , and what time frame do I legally have to stay

Squatters rights in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Please explain what these rights are...

Squatters rights in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

I'm presently living w/ a friend of mine parents.. I have been here for about 8 continuous months. At the present time, the homeowner is threating eviction.. The homeowner does not request any rent of any kind, and I am here w/ her permission. If she attempts to forcefully evict me, can I envoke...

Squatters Rights in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Is there such a law as squatters rights in Florida? How long does an individual have to occupy the property before claiming squatters rights? Do you file a quit claim deed or how do you go about making legal claim to the property?

View more questions Search