Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tylertilt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Never got lease can it renew
    I haven't signed a lease since 2003 it does have an auto renew clause in it but I never received a new agreement I called 5 times and they won't return calls or send lease and I want to move but the lease would have allegedly renewed on the 1st of the month I know the law says they still have to send a copy so is this a case of he said she said
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 14, 2007, 07:32 PM
    1st of May or what month?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 14, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Generally it turns into a 30 day or month to month lease. This requires 30 days notice on intent to vacate. Since you can't even get them to answer the phone, it sounds like the chances of you getting you deposit back are low anyway, so maybe you should just move and send them a certified letter telling them.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 14, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Not sure about your deposit being gone. Most states allow security deposits for repairs and damage, not rent. Send them the notice and move in 45 days.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 14, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Check your 2003 lease. It will probably state that once your was year up, your rent would become month to month. Which is a good thing because you're not locked into another lease with these people. Your lease probably also will state that you'll need to give a thirty day notice. Be sure to include your new address on your notice so that if your entitled to a refund of deposit they'll know where to send it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Hello tyler:

No, they don't have to send you a copy. You should have gotten one, or not moved in. Besides, a piece of paper doesn't obligate you. What that paper says might obligate you. Whether you have the piece of paper or not isn't the issue. If you know the terms of the agreement, then follow them. Give them the proper notice and move. Or if you missed the date, stay and move next year.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't renew my ip address! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal guys, I'm using a laptop now using someone else's internet since my desktop ain't working. The problem is with the desktop, it cannot renew the ip address! The modem is working fine and has ALL the lights blinking, everything is working. The network connections lan says its...

Can't renew ip address [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me my computer won't renew its ip address?

Can't Renew IP Address [ 11 Answers ]

I have Verizon Fios on my desk top and two laptop computers. One laptop connects automatically, np. The other laptop will not connect, (OS is Windows XP). I have used the commands ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. It will release but not renew. So I went to- My network...

Can't renew my IP address [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have broadband cable Internet that keeps going off - I believe it's because my IP address won't renew - or that's what it says. I've tried renewing it and it won't work - when I do 'ipconfig' the address starts with 169 and I'm led to believe it should start with a 192 (according to my...

Can't renew IP Address.. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, I am in need of some serious help. I'm using dell computer running on XP. I use a Belkin USB adapter to connect to the internet, but I'm using windows own "wireless network connection" software to connect to the interet. I connect to Airport Express, using the belkin USB but now I...

View more questions Search