Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Mar 21, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Pool information
    I really want a pool and I can afford it now, I need to make up my mind so that it can be ready by May. What do you think? Is it a burden to keep up with it? Any advice will help me. Advantages vs. Disadvantages. (no kids live here)
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Mar 21, 2008, 07:45 PM
    If you want a pool you have to really want a pool. Remember unlike other improvements you make to your house a pool tends to lower the value of your house. So if you put say 30k into a pool and have to sell your house in 3 years you spent 10k a year to swim in that pool. So I suggest you don't buy one unless you plan to stay in your house a long time.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Mar 23, 2008, 09:01 PM
    We plan to stay for long, my fiancé is remodeling the driveway and other areas. I googled about pools and actually it said it will increase the value. But, thanks for the info, I will look more carefully into the property value. We want a small pool, about 10k. I really appreciate your advice. Also, we don't just want it for recreation, but for health reasons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool player wanting to start a pool hall in indianapolis [ 1 Answers ]

Simply; if anyone reading this is interested in starting a pool hall in indianapolis please reply. My name is lucas I have been around pool for over ten years and I currently work at a pool hall on the east side. My funds are low but, my will is high. I have several good ideas. Contact me...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

Need Pool information [ 6 Answers ]

I wonder if somebody could help me with a baffling problem please? My poor old Dad is having financial difficulties and should really move from his high maintenance home but, we have been told, such a trauma could kill him especially since he has been recently widowed. After much money juggling...

View more questions Search