Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Mar 8, 2008, 11:00 PM
    I need a book!
    I need a book that will change and impact my life. I am 20 yrs old and I need something to keep my mind occupied! Something emotional, something impacting someone's life. I don't know just gimme some good books I can maybe invest in! Haha. Thanksssssss all.
    Kate523 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justme005
    I need a book that will change and impact my life. i am 20 yrs old and i need something to keep my mind occupied! something emotional, something impacting someone's life. i dont' know just gimme some good books i can maybe invest in! haha. thanksssssss all.
    Hi... I don't know if you would like it, but I read an amazing book called the time traveler's wife. It isn't exactly life changing but it is definitely a good read.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2008, 12:13 AM
    In order to recommend some books to you as to how to change and impact your life, it would be good to know how you want your life to be changed and impacted in some way, please?

There are self-help books available about any number of subjects. So, it would be good to narrow down the field some as to what you are looking for.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Mar 10, 2008, 12:33 AM
    Some books that changed my perspective in life "In the Presence of My Enemies" by Gracia Burnham with Dean Merrill. "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" by Aron Ralston. Check out the reviews at Amazon.com I also adored "The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa the African" (1789) a strongly abolitionist autobiography.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Mar 10, 2008, 12:34 AM
    Let me know if you ever get one of the above and if they had an impact on you.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas a must for any reader. It's a work of fiction, but you will enjoy it.

Check out my post Someone give me something to read! For other amazing books! :)
    Lixue-Sebille 3 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 06:03 PM
    "Twilight," written by Stephenie Meyer. It's a good book. It's romantic, but also adventurous. ^_^
    Foxyarse Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Mar 20, 2008, 11:00 AM
    I need a book that will change and impact my life. i am 20 yrs old and i need something to keep my mind occupied! something emotional, something impacting someone's life. i dont' know just gimme some good books i can maybe invest in! haha. thanksssssss all.
    Try a brilliant book called "Sophie's Choice" by William Styron
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Summer Sisters

I don't know if it will impact you the way you want it to but it might in other ways that you didn't know.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Mar 25, 2008, 03:01 AM
    The bible.:)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 03:29 AM
    These are books that left a lasting impression on me and made me think about the world around me.

The Life of Pi- make you think about what's going on, what you think is going on and what version of events you would like to know

Crime and Punishment- just a fantastic book, it has a lot to do with growing up

Brave New World- scarily accurate considering it was written 50 years ago

Catch 22- really good if you like irony, satire and military humour, good if you feel you are fighting unflinching irrational authority figures.

Anne Frank's Diary- make you realise how lucky you are

A Clockwork Orange- another good book about growing up and becoming an adult

The Bell Jar ( this one probably has more effect if you are female) Another cusp of adulthood book, quiet depressing, has some great images in it.

These are the books that have influenced my life and philosophies
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 07:10 AM
    My all time favorite book, that I re-read every once in a while because it is that good.

Swan Song by Robert McCammon.

If it doesn't have an effect on you, nothing will.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Mar 25, 2008, 07:15 AM
    "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. Enjoy!
    Foxyarse Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Mar 25, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Try "The Catcher in the Rye" by Salinger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Name of book? [ 46 Answers ]

I am writing a book, a book which at the moment I am very proud of. Every time I tell someone I get asked 'What is it called?' I have no idea. I will give you an outline of the story so far: A girl named Dandy (excuse the silly name) wakes up one night to find that someone has set her house on...

Name of a book? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone remember (or know) the name of the book that contains the actual case that inspired the movie "The Exorcist?" I read it some years ago as part of a research project, and sort of need to find it again. I remember that the events took place in Maryland and St. Louis in the late...

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

New book? [ 4 Answers ]

Have you read new moon or twilight? If so then you probably know that the author is coming out with the next book called eclips... any one know when? (*if you haven't read them do so there the best about vampires and werewolves and love! Friendship its awsum! *):confused:

View more questions Search