Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Feb 25, 2010, 09:02 PM
    Early period
    Hello all!

I am 29. I went off the pill in October. My period has been normal just like when I was on the pill but I am getting weird symptoms that I am not use to. I get bad cramps like I am going to start my period. My boobs hurt SOOO bad. I am just wondering if this is normal. I was on the pill for 7 yrs. The reason why I got off the pill is to try and get my sex drive back. I am in a relationship and we do have relations. I have read that it takes a while for a women to ovulate after being on the pill. Is that correct? Is there anything I can do for the cramps or the pain in the boobs?

I would go see a DR but I do not have health insurance.

Thank you, any thoughts are appreciated!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 26, 2010, 08:55 AM

It can take several months for you to ovulate after stopping BCP, or it can happen within 2 weeks.

Your cycles will most likely be crazy for a while so use back-up contraception so you don't get pregnant without health insurance. It was about 4 months before my cycles regulated themselves after 10yrs on the pill
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Feb 26, 2010, 08:57 AM

Thank you! It is good to hear.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 10:01 AM

One of the great things about the pill is that it often makes cramps and pms less severe. I hardly ever get cramps now that I'm on the pill, but they used to be awful when I wasn't. Try taking some midol or advil for the pain, that should help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period is too early [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I lost my virginity in October 2008, well me and my boyfriend(the same boyfriend I lost my virginity to) had sex July 24, 2009 with a condom but I was on my period. Then my period unusually lasted longer. Until July 30. Then me and my boyfriend had sex around August 2-4(cant remember)...

Early period what could it mean? [ 1 Answers ]

I just had my period on October 25th and then about 2 weeks later got my period again but with a lighter flow then normal. What does this mean?

Early period [ 3 Answers ]

Recently my eyes have been swollen ( looks like I have allergies or real tired) In the past few days I FEEL MORE FATIGUED THAN USUAL. Then today my period started 2 weeks early. Any ideas?

View more questions Search