Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2009, 08:45 PM
    6yr old Son Does NOT like wearing underwear.
    Hello, Here is my question, Is it OK for boys to go commando?
    I have a 6 yr old son. He HATES wearing underwear, I really don't see a problem with it but my family has different thoughts!

Thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 08:49 PM

That's the age my sons were when we went shopping at Penney's and together picked out and bought Spidey and Batman and Superman underwear.

No, he shouldn't go commando. Wouldn't his jeans rub him raw?

Mar 27, 2009, 12:58 PM

I tried that! Still doesn't like it. I am not sure why he doesn't like wearing undies, his dad wears undies. And he wears Jean every once in a while! He wear basket ball shorts all the time rain or snow!

Thanks for the feedback.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spea94 View Post
    I tried that! Still doesnt like it. I am not sure why he doesnt like wearing undies, his dad wears undies. And he wears Jean every once in a while! He wear basket ball shorts all the time rain or snow!

Thanks for the feedback.
    Ah, BB shorts -- soft and silky mmmmmmmmmmmmmm and feel nice on the body, even feel like underwear. No wonder.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 01:05 PM

My son didn't either.He would come home from school with them in his backpack.

Have you tried all the different types?

I think we have to pick our battles and as long as he understands the potential consequences(chafing,being mocked in gym class when he is older)I would let it go.

I asked his pediatrician and she said it was no big deal from a sanitary standpoint.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post

I think we have to pick our battles and as long as he understands the potential consequences(chafing,being mocked in gym class when he is older)I would let it go.

I asked his pediatrician and she said it was no big deal from a sanitary standpoint.
    By the way when he turned 12 he decided to wear them. Gym class.He did not want to be outstanding :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post

Not just yet :cool:

Mar 28, 2009, 01:02 PM

Thank you Artlady...

I had him pick, all types... He said he is going to but never does. I love that your son put them him his backpack that is great. THat was my thoughts, not that big of a deal but wanted to see if there was something I was missing! I am sure once gym starts My son will do the same!

Thanks again for your reply.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 12:26 AM

I would tell him, "Well I think that's where Superman gets his super powers. So it's your choice."

I had a friend that did that, and she had to buy tons of red underoos, but she thought it was worth it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What Underwear [ 4 Answers ]

There are many kinds of underwear and I don't know what kind to wear. For gym we all go to the locker rooms and I here people talking about what underwear is better. I don't want to be the one who is laghed at. This very confusing. What type of underwear should I wear?:(

View more questions Search