Quick Claim deed scam.

Asked Oct 14, 2007, 02:45 PM 14 Answers
    We were behind the bill for our mortgage like about 3 months late. My parents ask some people to move in and ask them can they pay for the late payment we miss before we get foreclose. We didn't force them to pay so they just pay. We also told them when we sell the house we will give you half of what we get, that was the deal. We also said if you get a mortgage we would be happy to give you the house. This people have bad credits and we know it because they got foreclose in the pass. We ask them have they found a mortgage and they said yes. In about 3 weeks they brought my dad to some random guy's office and kind of force him to sign a paper. What I mean by force is they keep on telling my dad yes we found a mortgage just sign the paper. My dad sign the paper, but he didn't know what it was, he thought that they got the mortgage he's signing over the property to him. It was a quick claim deed signing that we give them our property and that they will resume the payment with our mortgage and it have a date for us to move out by the date it was on the deed. We didn't move out because we thought they are trying to scam us. They went and file a case against us to get us kick out and that case is in about a week. My parents can't really speak english so I doing this to get some research before the case. We got a lawyer already. My parents are really scare that the people that's living with us might get the house. Do you think we will be able to keep our house? We been living with them for about 4 months now and its said because the person that's file the case live in the same house! In that 4 months they flooded our basement scratch our TV, broken doors etc. the reason I know about some information on the deed because they want us to move out and they flash the deed in our face signing this is my house so move out. We went to one lawyer but didn't have to money so he didn't help us. All he said is that we could get out of the deed if it was ten days when we sign the deed but it been months.

sorry for the grammar.

Last edited by google_lover90; Oct 14, 2007 at 02:52 PM.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 61,894, Reputation: 5755
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#11

Oct 16, 2007, 05:35 AM

Please do keep us informed. Good Luck
    google_lover90's Avatar
    google_lover90 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#12

Oct 18, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Went to Court today. My lawyer mess up his schedule by mistaken it for next week. It's a good thing because now they say we are going to have a trial next month. We didn't have a lawyer but their lawyer try to talk when we said we are not talking unless our lawyer is here. One work came out of their lawyer he said that we are illegal tenancy something like that.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#13

Oct 18, 2007, 12:01 PM

Of course. He's going to claim they own the house and you don't belong there. Your counterclaim is that they obtained your dad's signature fraudulently.
    google_lover90's Avatar
    google_lover90 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#14

Nov 12, 2007, 03:13 PM
    We got a jury trial on Wednesday. They spell the deed like this 'quick claim deed', and isn't it suppose to be spell quitclaim? Or does it even matter? Also in Illinois does it require the a witness to sign the deed from my party and their party and a course the guy that made the deed. And the deed is stamp with a notary public something like that.

Can you delete this this question after everything is over because for safety reasons. Like they could be searching the web for answer also and come across this question which sound like their problem too.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#15

Nov 12, 2007, 04:12 PM

Spelling errors don't always count.

I wouldn't worry too much about them finding this. It won't help them if they committed fraud.

Quick claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

Does your name come off the mortgage if you sign the deed over to the other person who's name is also on the mortgage

Quick claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

I about a house 3 years before marriage and after the marriage I made a quick claim deed to my wife . Now I am selling the house what are my wife's rights?

Quick Claim Deed [ 10 Answers ]

My ex had me sign papers that said he signed a quit claim deed in 2001. If I got a copy I can not find it (but I don’t think I got a copy). I went to the court house to find out why my ex was still on the property tax bill. Come to find out that the quit claim deed was never filed. On October...

Quick claim deed [ 6 Answers ]

I own a house and live with my brother. I have the mortgage in my name but want to add my brother to the title. Can I use Quick Claim for this? Would a Quick Claim deed make my brother co-owner? If so, were can I find the outline? Thanks. Happpy holidays.

Quick claim deed [ 2 Answers ]

If I sign a quick claim deed over to a friend of mine and the home loan is still in my name. Can a creditor still put a lean on my home? Im I also allowed to transfer the deed even though the loan is in my name?