Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2oe1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 07:46 PM
    First time home buyer credit?
    I wanted to post this question because I have been trying to research it on other sites and thought someone could help me well I need to know is the first time home buyers credit apart from your regular return?is it money that they send you or just a credit to your gross income?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 10:37 PM

It is a refundable tax credit that is your tax refund will increase by $8,000 (max. amount). Your U.S. Tax Return: First-Time Homebuyer Credit
    loanwizard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 10:22 AM
    It is a tax credit (dollar for dollar against your tax liability). If you want a CPA's advice, there is a post on my website http://firsttimehome.us with a link toward a TurboTax page on Facebook, which let's you post your question and get it answered by a TurboTax CPA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I have claimed home loan interest in my 2008 tax returns for a home in India not in USA. Now I am planing to buy a home in USA . I never owned a home in USA . Now my question is Am I Qualify for 'First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit' and FHA Loan. My accountant says that , I am qualify...

How to use first time home buyer tax credit [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I just purchased my first home and am getting the $8K tax credit. I know many people are saying to use the majority of the credit to pay down the principal and get interest savings. However, I plan to sell in 5 or 6 years, so if I do not stay until the mortgage is paid off, I will not see an...

Tax credit for 1st time home buyer [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé has never purchased a house so we would like to take advantage of the $8000 1st time homebuyer tax credit. I however own a home. Does he need to buy our next home without me on the title? Can I be a co-signer for the loan even if I am not put on the title? Can we be married? (Our...

First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit [ 5 Answers ]

I was wanting to get opinions on the First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit. I've looked over the website and it looks to be just a loan from the government. I was wondering if any one has heard more about this. Like, do you think there would be long term problems from taking this or is it a good...

First time home buyer tax credit eligibility [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am not H1B visa and my wife is on H4 visa. I have SSN and my wife has ITIN. We are planning to buy a house and I want to know if we are eligible to receive $7500 tax credit when I file the tax return for 2008. Thank you

View more questions Search