Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terryrobinson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Letter of judgement to send to lawyers office
    I received judgement from credit card company and replyed to company that the card I had with them I paid off they insist that I did not pay card off. I am now dealing with lawyers I was looking for a letter to send them in order to have more time to research this matter. Please help
    mlr08 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2008, 02:24 PM

Did you receive a summons or has a judgement already been enacted?

If a judgement is in place then that entitles the creditor to garnish your wages or freeze assets. If you did indeed pay the balance already and the judgement is not warranted then I would call the court clerk's office and find out about an filing an appeal.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Hello Terry:

If they HAVE a judgment, arguing about it NOW won't get you anywhere. The time to argue about it was in court.

IF you weren't served, then you can get the case reopened, and you can argue about it THEN. If you were served, and didn't go to court, or you did and lost your argument, there's nothing you can do about it now.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I send the plaintiffs a letter [ 2 Answers ]

I was served the civil citation for credit card debt of 1737.99 now I am reaching the 10 days will it be too late to send a letter explaining unable to pay at this time was laid off and daughter passed away. Will that be acceptable or will they put a warrant out for my arrest.

An open letter to defense lawyers [ 35 Answers ]

**Author's note: The following is a piece I wrote for another place and purpose altogether; however, given the question concerning war and PC-ness, I thought I would post it here. I have not altered it, but have starred out enough letters to mute the profanity somewhat. I know such language is...

Supposed Law Office will not send any paperwork [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, we were contacted in August 06 regarding a debt owed to a company here in our hometown. This company contacting us is using the heading of a law firm but after looking into them they are nothing but a collection agency. We have called and requested four times now for some type of paperwork...

Uscis send application to wrong office [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question in regard to a recent matter at the USCIS branch in Jacksonville. I have filed an I485 application with them (based on family) Last year, and have received an iterview notice back in March of this year 2005. One week later, they sent me another letter stating that, for some...

View more questions Search