Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capricorn27 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Dream ; Bizzar yet Intrigueing
    So riddle me this one... I had a dream 2 or 3 nights ago that I was at a friends house, ( don't know who the friend was nor did I recognize the house ) but we were just standing around talking when for some reason its like I became 9 mo. Pregnant all at once... I remember thinking to myself Uh Oh... I am not even prepared for this and for a second every thing and everyone was silent... the world literally stood still but not like time freezing I mean people, animals, the air COULD move , But it just DIDN'T. And then all of the sudden there was a white owl that flew in a horseshoe over me and my water broke then it made this horrid screech and I was totally panicked and telling myself to just calm down and then I was getting into a car because I had to drive myself to the hospital but I didn't know where I was and no matter what I knew that I shouldn't be the driving but all of the sudden there wasn't another living thing in sight no birds no dogs no people yet I was in the middle of some town then the next thing I know I am in a hospital bed and I can hear someone yelling at me to push and I feel like I am just waking up so I start trying to push but then there was no baby... and I was hella just sad and then I woke up... what the hell is that about because I clearly remember every detail and the emotion the smells the tempature every thing !:(
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 4, 2008, 04:53 PM

Wow. That is a seriously intense dream. I had one like it one time. In my dream, I was at a house which I think was my childhood home. I was there with some friends. We went outside, and one of them (who is a pretty magickal guy in waking life) pointed out to me a bird that was flying way up in the sky, and told me to call it.

Somehow I knew how to do that. I called to it, and it circled down, and I saw it was a huge white owl. It gave an owl screech, but somehow that screech formed the word, "Hi!" I spoke to it some more, and then it gave a hoot that was the word, "You!" Somehow in that "you" it spoke to me, called me by name, called me by my soul. I put up my arm, and it caught my arm in its talons, and started flying around the yard, circling higher, carrying me up. I remember how vivid it was, how I had the sense that what was happening was important and absolutely real. I still believe that. It was a dream, and it was real.

They say when you dream about a house, you are dreaming about the mind. So the basement is the subconscious, closets are full of memory, etc. But here, you were not in your own mind. You were in a friend's house. That doesn't necessarily mean you were in someone else's head. It just means your brain was trying to process a way to clue you in that what was happening wasn't just "all in your head." In your dream you went to a real place in the universe where real things happen. Big things. Suddenly, you came alive in a new way, symbolized by your pregnancy. You were on the point of giving birth to a new you. Then the Owl arrives. Call the Owl what you will: God, the Goddess, Spirit, Soul.

There's a book called I Heard the Owl Call my Name. If memory serves, it's about a priest who goes to live with the Kwakiutl people of the American Pacific Northwest. In that culture, you hear the Owl call your name when you are about to die. I heard the Owl call my name, my soul, in my dream. But what is Death? In Tarot, the Death card doesn't mean someone is going to die, it means something is about to be transformed. I understood my dream to be the Spirit calling me to a deep and powerful transformation. The White Owl, symbol of the Great Goddess, for thousands of years, is always the messenger of Her transforming power.

So you were suddenly gifted by this incredible new life forming within you, this future you waiting to be born, but there wasn't anyone around who could help you. You had to get to the hospital on your own. The dream ended before you gave birth to your new life. That still has to happen. You have to make it happen. Of course there is no baby. You are the baby!

If you choose, you can use this dream as a landmark to enter a whole new chapter in your life, a whole new adventure. Just be open to that meaning, and it will be so. Honor the Owl for coming to you. Maybe find a picture or sculpture of the white Owl to keep in your bedroom. Or better yet, make a donation to a nature organization that is working to save snowy owls. But know that the Owl is a big deal. She doesn't come to just anyone.

Blessings to you!

Alder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did I dream this horrible dream? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know whether I should've posted this under philosophy, but I couldn't find anything closer to the subject "dreams". Anyway... Last night, I had a horrible dream and I don't know why. I dreamed this tall, skinny white man was chasing me trying to kill me. My dream jumped from 3 different...

A dream! [ 4 Answers ]

I had a dream last night about this guy I like in real life. In the dream I was at his house And I was at the table and he served me a piece of toast. In real life I had a misunderstanding with this guy. I was thinking about trying to work things out with him by trying to contact him...

What does this dream mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dream I was keeping this baby named sophie and suddenly she disappeared and when my husband and I began to search for her we came across this angry female fox whom appeared to us as if she had taken the baby and then a male fox appeared to help me look for her and he even began fighting the...

View more questions Search