Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leep2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Old Flame Still Burning?
    Bumped into an old flame at the weekend, she seemed pleased to see me and introduced me to her friend/boy friend, I'm not sure which, with fondness or so it seemed.

It was a real shock to see her and I didn't really say much, in fact I was a little cold. I left the club shortly after as I realised that my coldness was a ploy by myself to hide the fact that I still think of her fondly. We had been split up for about six years now and although there had been times that it looked like we may reconcile our relationship during those years, it never happened and concequently this is the first time I have seen her in two years.

I thought that I was in a really good place about all this but meeting her has kind of put me back a step or two and I wonder why fate had us meet this weekend?

Any help would be gratefully received
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Yeah, that unexpected "punch to the heart" can catch us all out from time to time.
    Since the meeting was by chance try not to read too much into it. Can we assume you have had other relationships since splitting with her? Unless you have lived the life of an Anchorite and carried a torch for her all this time, I think you have to put this down to a memory rekindled by chance.
    You don't know the status of the friend/boyfriend so it would be foolish to try and relive past pleasures.
    If you really need to exorcise this spend time at the same club and see if she appears again, if she does you can ask the magic question "So, tell me what you are doing in your life now?"
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 08:42 AM
    HI,
    I am not a Psychic. But, have you considered that it might be "fate"? That you two just happened to be at the same place at the same time?
    If it's been two years, and your life is going the way you want it to, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. She was probably just being nice. There are many people like that; no hard feelings toward anyone.
    Personally, I would get on with my life, meeting new people. I do wish you the very best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old flame won't die [ 4 Answers ]

HI, I am, but not strongly, precognitive and an empath, however; when it comes to anything about myself I am clueless! So, I am hoping that a stronger psychic can tell me something. I dated a guy for a year and a half starting when I was 16. I know everyone's says it's "puppy" love at that...

Old Flame.. Or Two Flames [ 5 Answers ]

It's weird that one night could change what I think... just in 4 hours... Last night, I called one of my exs, Josh, where he gave me confindence to break up with David because I wasn't happy. Today would've been a month, too. When I broke up with David, David said, "I gotta go, my friend's one...

Flame on! [ 4 Answers ]

Please HELP. I'm having a problem with my furnace rather it's my thermostat it's no responding to the temperature. I replcae it with a new one and it's still the same the second I turn power on the flame and fan blower turns on.What could it be. The wring it's only two wires. W and r.

Old flame? [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to get an old boyfriend out of my head. I think of him often even though I am with someone. I felt like we were like best friends. Things just didn't work out though. Any ideas? Will I ever see him again? Does he think of me? Or is this all in my head?

Compatibility with an old flame [ 2 Answers ]

Am recently separated after 11 years of marriage. An old flame who's never quite lost interest is re-surfacing. I don't want to even see him if this is not a good match because I know the attraction will be strong. I don't want to go down a road that will lead to heartache for both of us. Are...

View more questions Search