Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questionable Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 10:31 PM
    How to prepare iron (II) nitrate?
    You wish to prepare a pure dry sample of iron (II) nitrate. To do so, you mix iron (II) chloride with silver nitrate and silver chloride precipitates out. You filter this and crystallise the remaining solution.

What's wrong with this procedure? Please explain, and help suggest alternative methods while retaining one of the starting materials (i.e. iron (II) chloride OR silver nitrate). Thanks for the help!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2006, 11:12 PM
    look at section X

http://www.hummelcroton.com/msds/agno3_m.html

what's the problem with compatibility?

what other nitrate salt could you use to precipitate out the halide that isn't listed as incompatible?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Prepare a Correct Trial Balance. [ 4 Answers ]

Dear AskMeHelpDesk Community ! This is my first post ever since I found this site is so helpful for everything which I concern. Thanks for everyone who has been contributing to this community. Actually I can do most of my accounting homeworks, I can do the journal, ledger, prepare the trial...

Should I prepare? [ 1 Answers ]

I need a gifted psychic to help me. My relationship is changing. I am in fear that he is not the same person I thought he was. Is he being honest with me? And if not what is he hiding? My birthday is 6-18-82 his is 5-5-79. If you need more info please message me.

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

How to prepare for kittens? [ 2 Answers ]

I posted last week about a stray cat who I think has had kittens. After reading a lot about it there seems to be little doubt of that now. She has been coming to the house to eat every day, usually once a day. The last couple of days she has been coming a few times a day and Desperately...

View more questions Search