Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macman11393 Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Mar 3, 2010, 08:43 PM
    Printer printing words backwords
    My printer is printing words backwords and I have no idea why and don't know what to do to fix it
    It's a HP officejet J5750 All-in-One
    And its weird cause I printed one page fine when I plugged it in and the rest are backwords
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 08:57 PM

Have you checked to see what type of paper it is set to? It may be set to transparency. That is about the only time I can think of for backwards printing. That would be for pages you want displayed in an overhead projector.

Mar 3, 2010, 09:02 PM

Where would I find that transparency setting if you could give me a idea on it
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 09:05 PM

Usually when you print something a box pops up ? If it does that is your "print que" and it should show the printer your printing to and you can click the settings option for it. It should also have the information as to what paper it thinks it is using as well as print quality.

Mar 3, 2010, 09:09 PM

I don't see transparent anywhere in there sorry and I see what you mean on the print que and I even checked the advance options and still not getting anywhere
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 09:13 PM

Does it show the paper that you are suppose to be using? Like 8 1/2 X 11 or something along that line? Or photographic?

Mar 3, 2010, 09:17 PM

It asks paper type which is only two options and its ether regular or bright white which I tried both and no help.. and I can't find a single thing on size
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 09:34 PM

You may have to read the manual that came with it or look at their website. Im don't even know what kind of printer it is so Im making basic suggestions. Have you tried printing from other programs like notepad or do a print screen to see if that comes out correct?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 09:43 PM

Is it mirrored?

Mar 4, 2010, 04:59 PM

Yea if I print of a web site or notepad it's the same but its not mirrored ether
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 05:06 PM

What type of printer is this ?

Mar 4, 2010, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What type of printer is this ?
    Its in the main question I had
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 06:07 PM

Issue
    After downloading and installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 on the computer, the HP product prints text and images backwards or as a mirror image of what appears on-screen when printing from any program.
    Solution
    To resolve the issue, turn off mirror imaging in Printer Preferences . To do this, use the following steps:
    1.From the Windows taskbar, click Start and then click Control Panel .
    2.If your computer is in category view, click Printers and Other Hardware , and then click Printers and Faxes . If your computer is in classic view, click Printers and Faxes .
    3.Right-click the HP product from the list of printers, and then select Properties . The Properties dialog box displays.
    4.From the General tab, click Printing Preferences . The Printing Preferences dialog box displays.
    5.Click the Advanced tab.
    6.Under Printer Features , click Mirror Image , click the down arrow ( ) to the right of the field, and then click Off .
    7.Click OK to apply the change.

Ref:
    Text and Images Print Backwards After Installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 on the Computer HP Officejet J5750 All-in-One Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Mar 4, 2010, 06:36 PM

Ah man it worked for a few pages and then went to backwards and then I tried to do the steps again and it won't go back to normal thanks though
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 06:38 PM

Make sure that when you go to make changes you click apply and not just click OK. Also right after the change you might want to try a reboot of both printer and computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer Printing Blanks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a epson stylus cx3200 and it will scan onto my computer but when I print it only comes out blank... I put brand new cartriges in and everything... please help...

Printer not printing all of writing [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hp desktop f380 all in one printer and I print off invoices. The printer will not print off what I type inside of the invoice.

Printing from a network printer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently using a laptop computer, and would like to print documents from my printer through wireless access. How can I do this. My laptop(a Toshiba Brand) is compatible with my HP PSC 770x1 printer.

Printer not printing properly [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems printing with my Canon BJC-2100 printer. I have put new ink in but still printing with two white lines in the middle of the words that are printing.

Laser Printer not Printing [ 2 Answers ]

First of All MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.. Having problem printing on my HP 2600n Laser Jet Printer.. Tried re-connecting (USB) the printer but still no luck & it keeps on showing the OFFLINE status... Please advise...

View more questions Search