Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Nov 9, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Ph paper?
    I am within days of being 40 weeks pregnant. I do not want to run to the doctor every time I think my water might have broken. I have been I once because of my wetness and also asked about it once at an appointment. Both times I tested negative on the pH paper. The doctor has told me some women just have a large amount discharge. My question is… Where can I buy pH paper? I would like to be able to test my leaks, so that I don’t over look it when my water actually breaks.
    zrhodes Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Trust me when your water truly breaks you will know. Just the further along you become you will leak fluids. This happened to me but, it can also be some sore of infection. Have your dr to take some test
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Anywhere that sells pool supplies will have PH paper.
    PH paper is also good to keep your alkaline/acid balance in check.
    But as zrhodes says when your water breaks PH paper will be the last thing on your mind.
    My water always broke WITH the baby.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Everyone is totally correct. When and IF your water breaks, you will know. Now, the bag of waters does not always rupture on it's own. With all 4 of my children the doctor had to break my water. So, this does not always happen.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Nov 10, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Thanks there are so many unknowns with a first pregnancy.
    Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Hun there are so many unknowns with EVERY pregnancy. LOL
    Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Wondergirl agrees: Yup! I thought I had it all figured out after I had the first one...
    I've had 4 and my OB/GYN even sent a recommendation letter to my nursing school prior to my acceptance...

I am now in the maternity rotation and realize I know NOTHING about pregnancy that I once thought I knew.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 11, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Sorry I don't agree with everyone. I was in the hospital when my water broke. The nurse even had to use the Ph paper test... she insisted I peed on myself (I was laughing hysterically... funny family) I thought I did too for that matter. Nope, my water broke and baby was here about 22 hours later. A pool shop will have them, or you might be able to find a clearance kit at wally world (pool dept).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Research Paper! [ 3 Answers ]

I read somewhere... In the one of the US states a person can get married at any age. Even a 5 year old with parent consent because of someone loop hole. I don't remember what stae it was. I am writing a paper for my sociology class and need to figure out which state is before wedn. So if anyone...

Putting a paper together [ 7 Answers ]

Social, political, or economic conditions can alter the nature and meaning of art. Be certain to support your position with examples that compare and contrast at least two of the following eras: Baroque, Rococo, Neoclassicism, and Romanticism. Choose specific examples of artistic achievements...

C1 solomon paper E qn 7 [ 5 Answers ]

f(x)=((x-4)^(2))/(2x)^(1/2) a) find the values of the constants A, B and C such that f(x)= Ax^(3/2)+Bx^(1/2)+C^(-1/2) b)f'(x)=((3x+4)(x-4))/(4x)^(3/2) I don't understand how to solve either of these any help would be apprieciated

Print Paper [ 2 Answers ]

Which type of print paper will you choose if you want more contrast than appears on your negative?? :confused:

Paper Wasps Help [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All I have a problem and hope someone can help. I have a paper wasp nest the size of a basket ball in my attic how do I get rid of it. Please HELP

View more questions Search