Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonerangie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Canon MP600
    When I try to print from the PC it makes a clunking sound and says "no paper" yet there is plently of paper - not jamed, loose. If I scan print from the printer it works perfectly.
    I have reinstalled the software & that made no diffence.
    Please help!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Has this printer ever worked or is this a new installation?

First step is to make sure the paper is properly loaded. If the paper is not loaded properly it may me trapping a low paper flag or sensor, so the printer thinks it's actually out of paper. What this means to the PC, is that the printer will busy out the port until the failure is cleared. Also, what interface are we using. Serial - Parallel- USB?

I suspect that the flashing light is nothing more than the printer telling the PC and you that it is receiving data into its buffer. Once the buffer fills, the printer signals the PC to shut down the communication link.

Next step would be to see if the printer will let you print out an internal test page. If it does, remove the cable from the PC and then print the page. Still - no print then come-on back.

Also, when you come back, I'd really like to know what platform you are running on. Microsoft, Windows, Redhat, Linix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon MP600 printer [ 5 Answers ]

How do I switch my default printing from color printing to black and white printing on a Cannon MP600 printer? I have misplaced my user guide and have not been able to do this through the print quality menu.

Cannon mp600 [ 1 Answers ]

What does an error code 6502 on the cannon mp600 error came up when replacing ink with compatibles but only when the think black catridge in put in. It has accepted the other colours and the normal black. Is this an ink issues or a service issues Mark

Replacement Ink Cartridges for CHIP-Based Printers (like MP600) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My question is about COMPATIBLE Replacement INK CARTRIDGES. I have a Canon MP600. The cost of a full set of replacement ink is about $80 CDN at the minimum. These cartridges come with a chip. I am wondering if anyone had any success using COMPATIBLE ink cartridges (BY REPLACING THE CHIP...

Why can't I scan to PDF when my MP600 has ink problems? [ 3 Answers ]

I love my MP600! AND it's telling me that my larger Black ink cartridge can't be recognized. I've removed the cartridge and put it back in, and all the red lights are on like they should be, then I close the cover, and I get the same message. I've ordered a new cartridge, but in the meantime,...

View more questions Search