Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda762 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Faint line after time allowed
    I had my last period on April 25th. I have been having lots of pergnancy symptoms like morning sickness( not allways in the morning) and head aches and lots of moodyness. I have taken several tests and I get a negative then a few hours later it's a faint positive line. I have hear about evapo lines but would this ocure with every test? Smelling the garbage can today made me vomit.. please help I am feeling queesy:(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 08:25 PM
    The results after the time limit are false. The test must be read during the time limit of the test itself. Anything after that, whether it be 5 or 10 minutes is inaccurate.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 5, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Try another test, maybe a digital, it takes out the guesswork. You should have had a period since then, so if the second comes out negative you need to see your OBGYN.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 05:47 AM
    So would that make you about 8 days late? I agree, you should get a digital - it takes the guess out of it. If you have not got your period in about 5 more days - call your doctor and get an appointment.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Jun 6, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Go to the health department and have a blood test done, they are more accurate, then you will know for sure.

Jun 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by newlablover
    Go to the health department and have a blood test done, they are more accurate, then you will know for sure.
    How much does it cost to do that? Aprox? I live in ny
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 11:51 AM
    With my first child, the first test I took was negative.
    Two days later I took another test that came back positive.
    The first test I took was still in the trash, so I dug it out and it had a semi faint positive line that wasn't there when I throw it away.

So, that does happen. But you really can't go by that.

If you are pregnant, it will be a definite positive when your body has built up enough hormones to be detected in the correct amount of time for the test. For me, it was 2 days later with morning pee.

Also, you could tell that it was not evaporation lines.
    It was a semi faint positive line perfectly noticeable.
    The evaporation lines are bigger and streaky and wavy and discolored.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 11:57 AM
    The blood tests are fairly inexpensive. It just depends on your doctor.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 12:19 PM
    In my county, the public health dept gives the blood test for no cost.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Jun 6, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Where I live, in Michigan, the health department charges 15.00 and has the results in an hour. Good Luck!
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jun 6, 2007, 02:11 PM
    A lot of evaporation lines look identical to pos lines, not distorted at all. I would see your dr and ask for a blood test, or just wait and keep re testing every week for a month or until your period comes. Good luck and I hope you get the answer you want!
    vsolomon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda762
    i had my last period on april 25th. I have been having lots of pergnancy symtoms like morning sickness( not allways in the morning) and head aches and lots of moodyness. I have taken several tests and i get a negitive then a few hours later its a faint positive line. i have hear about evapo lines but would this ocure with every test? smelling the garbage can today made me vomit..please help i am feeling queesy:(
    I'm having the same symptoms so I believe you need to confirm that issue with your OB/GYN>.
    KaidaMidnight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda762
    i had my last period on april 25th. I have been having lots of pergnancy symtoms like morning sickness( not allways in the morning) and head aches and lots of moodyness. I have taken several tests and i get a negitive then a few hours later its a faint positive line. i have hear about evapo lines but would this ocure with every test? smelling the garbage can today made me vomit..please help i am feeling queesy:(
    You could go to planned parenthood and have them give you a test. Most PPH give the tests for free. :) Good Luck!
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 12:51 PM
    I agree with most everyone, get a blood test done. I took 5 at home tests and still went to the ER and made them do a blood test. But the likely hood of a false positive are about one in 234857256724674298671819487581376247562. Lol

Jun 8, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Health dept does not do blood tests here only urine. Not much help there.:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Positive Hpt but with a faint line [ 3 Answers ]

I took a HPT test this evening and saw two lines. Even though the one line was lighter than the other does this still count as a positive result? I am new to seeing a potive result so I just wanted to make sure that I am correct on this since I never saw a positive result with my last pregnancy..

Faint Pregnancy test line [ 4 Answers ]

Am I still pregnant if the positive line is faint?

View more questions Search