Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamanikki Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
    HCG Level
    Well I went and got a blood pregnancy test done yesterday.. If I have it calculated right I should be at 20 dpo.. My last period was on March 17th and I was due for my next cycle to start on the 14th of April.. Well I got the result back today from the blood work and the nurse said it came back positive but my hcg level was only at a 238.. I have to go back for another blood test tommarow to see if my level has doubled..
    What could this mean and what does it mean if it doesn't double?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Honestly it could mean an ectopic pregnancy, or possible miscarriage, or even something as simple as a different conception date. Not to scare you though, People have completely healthy pregnancies with low HCG levels... normally the levels double every 1-2 days.. that is why they are checking..
    danielle245 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 05:20 AM
    Hi if it doesn't double you have had a miscarrage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HCG Levels [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for information about twins and hcg levels. At 7 weeks, I was measuring at 165,000 mIu. I know that the range for singletons is from 7500-229000 for 7-8 weeks... but I was wondering if these numbers could be indicative of twins. My first u/s or doppler...

3mos and no period, negative hcg test, what's wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My last cycle was in November, I've took over 8 pregnancy test and all of them were Neg. My stomach is getting fuller and I starting use the bathroom frequently, but the thing that concern me the most that being that I want to be pregnant so bad, That I think it could be mind over matter. My...

Hcg Levels And Menstrual Period [ 1 Answers ]

Can you still have HCG in your system and get your menstrual period?

Low HCG Level [ 0 Answers ]

I found I am pregnant and the first day of my last period is 12/2/04. I went to the hospital because of pain and they said I had a bacteria infection, that maybe causing the pain. They tested my hcg level and the doctor said it was too low, it had a level of 73. She said either I am too early or...

View more questions Search