Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HayleyR1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Pregnant after miscarriage
    HI I've recently had a miscarriage about 5 weeks ago and last week I found out I was pregnant again using a hpt, I've got all the symptoms of last time that I was pregnant.

I just would like to know is it safe to get pregnant again so soon after a miscarriage.

Im a bit scared this time around as every little cramp I get I fear the worst.

Any answers would be really grateful

LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 19, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Are you sure you are pregnant again? Sometimes after a miscarriage HPTs can still read postitive even if you aren't pregnant again. You should probably see your doctor to make sure.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Definitely talk to your doctor. They can best handle the situation, giving you the best advice, and medically sound information, as your situation is a rather delicate one. Good luck to you hun.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 10:58 AM
    I agree, you need to see your doctor and make sure that the test did not trigger off the remaining hormones from the miscarried pregnancy. After my miscarriage last year, my doctor told me to give my body a good 3-4 months to repair/replenish itself before I start trying again. That was in August of last year, and we just started trying again this January, after a clean bill from my doctor..
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 19, 2007, 02:35 PM
    I agree, you should make an appt. with your doctor. If you are not pregnant, take a little more time to be sure you reach your maximum health before you conceive again. If you are, try to stay calm and not worry that this pregnancy will end like the last one. (I know that is easier said than done.)
    HayleyR1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 12:36 AM
    THat was my plan to wait as I didn't think itd be healthy to get pregnant so soon after a miscarriage.
    When I had a miscarriage I did numerous hpt and they all showed negative and this was about 4 weeks ago now, and I took a pregnancy test alst week as my breasts were really hurting and I was starting to get tired all the time and it came up positive.
    I will do as you say and make a docs apt to make sure everything is OK!
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 20, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to get pregnant after miscarriage [ 2 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago having been 6 weeks pregnant and haven't yet had my period, I've been told it can take up to 6 weeks for your period to come, I was just wondering is there any possibility that you can get pregnant straight away after a miscarriage and if so when can you take a test...

Could I be having a miscarriage? [ 1 Answers ]

I found out today that I am about 3-4 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, I started bleeding but just a little. Today the bleeding has been a little worse, but not too bad. I am cramping a little kind of like I am on my period, but the results still say I'm pregnant. Could I be having a miscarriage? ...

Was it a miscarriage? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about six months now. I normally have a 25-26 day cycle. This month was 28, which I know isn't "abnormal." Also, it usually lasts no more than 4 days and is very light. Well, on day 3 I spent the entire morning up to 3pm with bright red blood and...

Miscarriage [ 2 Answers ]

I missed carried about 2 to 3 weeks ago and my stomach and breasts are still swollen I can't fit into hardly any of my clothes. How long does it take to go somewhat back to normal? I was only 6 weeks but it was my second pregnancy I have a 14 year old.

View more questions Search