Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    az35 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Apr 4, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Chances of conceiving w/ one tube blocked
    I have been Trying to conceive #3 this year with no luck. Im 35 yrs old. I just had a HSG test done and found out that my right tube is blocked and they didn't give me any details as to what was blocking it. My left tube is open and clear. I was just wondering if that lowers my chances of getting pregnant?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:57 AM
    This is something they should have explained to you. Since they didn't I would suggest calling your doc and asking them about the results and for them to more clearly explain what it means, and what your chances are, and what procedures you might do to make those chances better, etc. I would guess that your chances are 50/50.However, I'm afraid I can't tell you much about this, as I don't know much about your medical history, what the blockage is, etc. Good luck and best wishes.
    az35 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Apr 5, 2007, 08:56 AM
    I did call and speak to my obgyn and she stated that she didn't know what the blockage was. She said that it just says that it is blocked and that's it. So she said that I can still get pregnant with one tube and wants me to try for a couple of months and see what happens...
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 5, 2007, 09:20 AM
    If she was worried then she would be more urgent than that. I would just take your temperature every day and keep a diary so you know how often you are ovulating. When you are, cancle everything and stay in bed. Once you have ovulated you should have the same chance to get pregnant as everyone else does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the chances [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I just wanted to put my story out and see what are the chances that my girlfriend is pregnant or not. She's been on the pill for several months and we use condoms too. However, recently there have been a couple times where we did not use condoms and I pulled out, although I know its possible...

Conceiving a baby boy [ 15 Answers ]

Hi , I have a girl baby & desire my next child could be a boy . I have heard that a diet rich in potassium , magnesium and high in sodium helps conceiving a male child , I would like to know how true is it ? Kingly also suggest any other ways which could be helpful to me conceiving a baby boy ....

Conceiving Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Iam A 21 Year Old Wife And Mother To 3.5 Year Old Twins And A 2 Yeard Old As Well. Now My Husband And I Have Been Trying For Another One Since Christmas And Nothing Is Working. Its Depressing And Very Upsetting And Stressful. My Other Pregnancies Were Not Planned But It Happened Very Fast. This...

Conceiving [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin told me that she heard that if the woman orgasms during intercourse (and so does the man), it makes it easier to get pregnant. Is there any truth to this?

What are the chances [ 2 Answers ]

Hello to all I am new to the site and would greatly appreciate any info you can provide me concerning my?. :o In Sept I had 2 cycles one on 09042006 and one on 09182006( this has NEVER happened to me before) so according to my last cycle I would have ovulated from 100206-10062006... Now according...

View more questions Search