Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louise0404 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 07:49 AM
    Help !
    I had sex with someone on the14th June I then on the 28th June I had a period ; after my period I then slepted with my new partner on a number of times and then didn't have a period in July ; I found out I was pregnant and had a emergency scan yesterday and I am 8 weeks 6 days pregnant is my partner the father or the first guy I slepted with ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2013, 08:29 AM
    How could they determine you are 8 weeks and 6 days pregnant, exactly?

Medical science can only guess within a 4 week period when conception accually occurred.

What you need to do is take that guess... and it is only an educated guess by them... and anyone you slept with two weeks before to two weeks after could be the father. IF there was more than one... they all have to get a DNA test after the child is born.
    Louise0404 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 03:49 AM
    I had a scan at 6 weeks and also yeturday at 8 weeks
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 06:11 AM
    Still... they base their guess on physical size of the developing baby.. and a few other factors which accounts for the reason they can anly guess to a 4 week period. Its not a precise science.

The only women that can peg conception to a particular day... have had an Invitro procedure... actual conception (in the conventional manner)can occur a week after the actual event that led to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search