Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terriann89 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Is my baby teething or not?
    Baby is a month old and I'm unsure if he is teething. I know he is early to be teething but he been cried for the past couple days, he's not settling.

He is drinking his milk OK, but if you put your finger in his mouth he bites down, he has a rash on his face, he is drooling loads, he seems to be Irritability and quite fussy and his wee is very strong smelling.

Any thoughts! Thanks x
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Please take him to his doctor. He may have an infection and need an antibiotic.

Oct 15, 2012, 11:32 AM
    You mean from his wee? X
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
    His rash indicates something is wrong. His constant crying indicates something is wrong. His biting down says something is wrong. The strong smell of his urine indicates something is wrong. He may have a urinary infection or in another part of his system. There may be several things wrong. He needs to be checked by a doctor.

Oct 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
    I assumed he was teething as all these are symptoms of teething! But yes I'm seeing my health visitor 2moro x
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2012, 12:43 PM
    He is much too young to be teething.

Oct 19, 2012, 01:10 AM
    Hiya sorry it took so long to reply, I forgot about this question!

Just to let you know we saw the health visitor and the doctor and he said everything was OK!

The rash on his face is just baby acne, his wee isn't a concern for the doctor unless it changes color, and the doctor isn't concerned about the other symptoms as he is teething. The doctor says that babies can start teethin from birth, and as some babies are born with teeth is isn't uncommon for a 4 weeks old baby to teeth.

He told me to get Dentinox with is teethin gel, which can be used from birth and since using this my baby seems fine and has two baby teeth coming through on his top gums.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teething [ 1 Answers ]

My son 6months is just cutting his first two teeth but is very sleepy and weak also he twitches is this normal in teething

How do I tell if it's teething or something else? [ 6 Answers ]

My normally pretty cheerful 5 month old is super cranky the past several days. He has been drooling and chewing on stuff for well over a month, so not much new there. He has a stuffy nose and is very irritable, and constantly has something in his mouth. His gums aren't swollen or red, though,...

My daughter's teeth- Baby teething [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 month old daughter just started teething yesterday and when I went to feel the teeth it seemed as if they were coming THROUGH the gums rather than how they would normaly come in... I felt sharpness and they also LOOK like they are coming through the gums. Should I be concerned or is it normal

Is he teething? [ 4 Answers ]

What are the real signs of teething? My once very happy 3 month old has been cranky for the last few days. He chomps on his hands and drools, but he has done that for a while. I’m at a loss as to what I can do. I’m not sure why he is so cranky.

Baby Teething [ 2 Answers ]

My five month old just had two teeth cut through. I can not do anything to make him happy. I have tried frozen washcloths, baby orajel, he doesn't want to eat, he won't play with me. He looks at me like I should know what to do and it breaks my heart because I know mommies are supposed to fix every...

View more questions Search