Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cryingpencils Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Birth control pills question
    I was taking ortho-tri cyclen mostly for its acne fighting benefits, and when the pharmacy started to get me norgestimate birth control pills instead, I started to have severe vomiting at the start of every month. I stayed on it for only 3 months. Now, I am switched to Loryna birth control pills and I just got my first pack. However, I am too afraid to take the first pill now because I heard it can cause vomiting too. Can I take half pills so I don't have the possibility of vomiting?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 2, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cryingpencils View Post
    Can I take half pills so I don't have the possibility of vomiting?
    No, you must take the whole pill for the benefits it provides. If you take half a pill, you might as well take nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control Pills II [ 45 Answers ]

The fall out of the dictatorial edit by HHS has resulted in law suits by religious organizations that are destined to climb up the judiciary ladder . Now the same can be said about small businesses who's owner's morals are being violated by this attack on their 1st amendment rights ....

Birth control pills [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I had a baby 3 months ago and started to have intercourse with my husband using condoms, I want to get tuba ligation soon because we decided not to have anymore kids, I went to my obgyn yesterday and I was given birth control pills till I get the operation of tuba ligation done but I need to...

Birth control pills [ 0 Answers ]

I know that you must take your pill at the same time every day for 21 days, but what about the next pack? Can you go from taking the pill at 7am every day for one month, to taking it at say, 1pm everyday the next month? Or do you have to take it at the time you started taking it, forever?

Question about birth control pills [ 0 Answers ]

I am on the birth control trinesta. One month I lost one of my packs so I bought a new one. After the new pack was almost finished I found the original one, and confused it with the new one. I started taking the wrong weeks at the wrong time. Since then I have gotten a new pack and been taking...

Birth Control Pills [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on BCP for 3months now(yasmin precisely). I know my question might sound weird but I will appreciate an answer al the same. I will like to know what will happen if I stopped the pill for a whole month and then continue taking it again.. ie to say giving my body a 1 month gap 4rm the...

View more questions Search