Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlessedMommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 04:59 PM
    How regular are your periods after birth
    I gave birth at the beginning of November, 2006. On Dec 31, 2007 I had my first period. I had my second period on January 29, 2007. By my calculations I should have had my next one on February 28. It is now March 5th and I have not started. I am not on the pill, but we did use protection. Should I be concerned that I might be pregnant, or are your periods really irregular after giving birth? I'd appreciate any ideas on the topic. Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Your periods can be irregular for up to a year after giving birth. You are only actually 5 days late at this point, which is not unusual during your postpartum period.

However, you should know, and you probably do, that even if you used protection you still run the risk of pregnancy. At this point in time you may have to double up on protection. Such as the vaginal insert along with the condom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very regular periods and ovualating pains [ 14 Answers ]

I have very very regular periods every month and every 2 - 3 month between my cycle I get bad ovualating pains... ouch :( Does this at all mean I am very fertile? Sorry if it's a silly question :o

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

Regular period? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for all who go to this site I had my last periods on July 30 and my periods are not due until 28 to 30 me and hubby has been trying to get a baby and finally this month I got bleeding at 24 which was very different from the usual kind of periods and a mild discomfort I just wanted...

View more questions Search