Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Madz113 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Is ovulation necessary for pregnancy?
    If an egg is going to be fertilized and conception is going to occur, it will have to happen in a 24-hour period after ovulation. The egg won’t survive in the fallopian tube much longer than this. Once the egg is fertilized, it will travel to the uterus for implantation. As it travels, it will continue to grow in size, its cells dividing and reproducing. The process of traveling and implanting will take somewhere around 7 to 10 days altogether. True? Does that mean that it has to be ovulation or you won't get pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Yes, if you do not ovulate, there can be no fertilization and no pregnancy.

However, what many people do not realize is that ovulation does not always occur at the same set time in a cycle for every woman. Important to remember, as there is no time in a cycle that is 100% safe from pregnancy. There is an average time frame which many women's cycles will follow, but many others will not. Unusual circumstances can, and do, happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulation and pregnancy [ 56 Answers ]

I ovulated July 24th about when is a good time to test for pregnancy?:confused:

How to tell between ovulation or pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I just decided to start trying to begin a family. My periods are like clock work, my lmp started August 26th. We tried the 6th 7th and 8th and I just started noticing that my breasts are a little tender and I get a little queezy every now and then. Yesterday I noticed some creamy...

Pregnancy and ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had a period in 2 months mw and my husband are trying to get pregnant and I been taking ovulation test and they keep coming back positve now 4 days in a row

Is it ovulation or pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a while now and I'm getting more and more fustrated! The first day of my last period was just over 2 weeks ago and we have been having intercourse a lot during this time. For about a week now I have been experiencing a lot of weird...

View more questions Search