Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kamdev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 02:03 PM
    How to check whether a lady had taken pills before marriage to avoid pregnancy.
    Doctor,
    I just wanted to check and confirm if my wife had taken any pills due to some reason before marriage.
    I am married and my wife had premarital affairs before marriage. She accepted and I pardoned him on the base of honesty. But she didn't disclosed about she took any pills to avoid any pregnancy.
    After one year of marriage, I found some complication in pregnancy. We are not getting any success. Her period opened in exactly every
    /-28 days. I don't know why the egg is not able to fertilize with the sperm. We follow the calender for intercourse prior to get baby.
    If she really has taken any pills then what would be the solution to get fertilized egg in ovum. I am not going to any Divorce to my wife going to give any threaten.

Please suggest me on this regard.

Regards,
    Kamdev.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamdev View Post
    Doctor,
    I just wanted to check and confirm if my wife had taken any pills due to some reason before marriage.
    I am married and my wife had premarital affairs before marriage. She accepted and I pardoned him on the base of honesty. But she didn't disclosed about she took any pills to avoid any pregnancy.
    After one year of marriage, I found some complication in pregnancy. We are not getting any success. Her period opened in exactly every
    /-28 days. I don't know why the egg is not able to fertilize with the sperm. We follow the the calender for intercourse prior to get baby.
    If she really has taken any pills then what would be the solution to get fertilized egg in ovum. I am not going to any Divorce to my wife going to give any threaten.

Please suggest me on this regard.

Regards,
    Kamdev.
    Hello Kamdev... currently there is not an OB doctor here, but others can help with your question.

There would not be any way for you to tell whether she used birth control pills prior to marriage. However, even if she did, it would not effect her ability to conceive at this time in your marriage.

If you are following a strict time frame with the calendar, it may be off as many women do not ovulate in the average time frame. For example... if you are focusing the timing of having sex in just a few days around the middle of a cycle, you could be missing the time needed for pregnancy to occur. Some women naturally ovulate a bit sooner or a bit later than what is considered the average.

Many couples will become pregnant within a year of actively trying, but many others will find that it can take longer, even with good timing. Are you able to have frequent sex throughout each month?

Has she been able to determine when she is most likely to be ovulating? Does she check for changes in her cervical mucus? Are both of you in good health? Do either of you smoke?

It is possible that there is a concern with either of you or both of you. Often a cause for infertility is found with the male.

She may want to discuss with her doctor various ways to better determine when she is most likely to be ovulating. Then, if after several more months of trying, if there is still no success, it would be wise for both of you to have some fertility testing done.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Even if she took birth control pills before she met you, that would not prevent her from becoming pregnant now. It took me three years to become pregnant after we got married. The fault was with my husband. Please have a doctor check your fertility, as it is easy for a male to have done.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Her past birth control pills would have no effect what so ever on her current ability to conceive. Now would her past sexual experience. Next unless you are using the help of a doctor and watching other physcial things, estimates on days of ovulation are not exact, they do not always just fall 1/2 between the periods for all women, and need to be track body temp to determine when it is going to happen. And sex has to happen slightly before then to allow time to travel.

Next even perfectly healthy couples trying, can take a year or more when tracking everything exactly.

Also has the man had a sperm count to be sure he has a healthy count?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avoid Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Me and my wife had sex 2 weeks back using the 'withdrawl', my wife has missed her periods. She had never missed a period in her life. We did the pregnancy test using a kit which was negative. How can we make sure that she is not pregnant, also is there any birth control method other than...

Avoid pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I had protected sex with my girl friend on march 26 th 2012 , oncly once I tried with out condom, we are engaged no plans of getting married for next 2-3 year, she was suppose to get her periods this week she has not get it yet , I am worried. How can I confirm she is pregnant & how can it be...

How to avoid pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

How to avoid pregnancy?

How to check lady kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello to all. I am a new member. My problem is my ladyu kenmore dryer model #80901. It spins and drys but the drying temp is low. What and How do I check. I need the ohm readings ranges for the timer , heat risistance , etc. Thank you all very much.

How to avoid divorce and salvage thje marriage [ 5 Answers ]

Hi , My husband has just moved out of the house after 25 years of marriage. I am heart broken and don't quite know what to do. I am over weigt and he is not and this is a huge issue for him. He also hasn't said it but he has implyed it in several differrent conversations that the love he had at...

View more questions Search