Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariynellison Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
    8 weeks late on period with one negative pregnancy test with tube tied, cut and burn
    I am 8 weeks late on my period! I had my tubes tied clip and burn 7 years ago. Went to the doctor for a regular check up and at the time I was 5 weeks late on my cycle. They did a urine pregnancy test it came back negative. Know my doctor ask me to come back on yesterday to retake test and do blood work to see if any changes came. I don't know yet what the results are until Monday. Can I be pregnant after 7 1/2 years later . My period is normally normal like clock work, never missed a period unless I am pregnant. My husband and I have 4 daughters and I am 36 years old he thinks I am pregnant.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Hi mariynellison,

It is possible, although not common, for a pregnancy to occur after tubes being tied. The blood work will let you know one way or the other. If not pregnant, than of course other possible causes, such as a hormone imbalance will be looked at. While you are only 36, it is possible that perimenopause could be starting as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 1/2 Weeks late on period, and negative pregnancy test [ 22 Answers ]

Hi. My period is usually regular. It comes every thirty days, give or take a day. My last period was on May 1. I took a home pregnancy test on June 8 and it turned out to be negative. For the last two weeks, I have been having severe nausea, vomiting, bloating, white vaginal discharge, urinating...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Period 3 weeks late, pregnancy symptoms, negative test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My last period was on 13th March 2008. I have lots of pregnancy symptoms such a nausea, vomiting, tender breasts, sore nipples, harder/firmer breasts, bleeding gums, stuffy nose, headaches daily, tiredness and these are just to name a few, however I have done several home pregnancy tests and...

4 weeks late period negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My cycle is of 45 days, my last period was on 15th April 2008, it was due on 31st May 2008, today is 26th June, I have taken 4 pregnancy test all negative. I am hypothyroid, taking medicine, it is controlled.I visited Doctor, she gave me duphaston, daily 2 for three days, I taken that on...

View more questions Search