Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovebeauty Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 01:10 PM
    Can anyone please help decide who the father of my baby is extremely stressed
    I just need oppinions and help May 18,2010 I had sex with my ex.. . Then June 16-17 2010 I had sex with my boyfriend.. I had our son march 14 who do you think should be the dad I'm so stressed can't sleep at night :/

Feb 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
    Any obgyn or baby doctors online
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 13, 2012, 01:35 PM
    The June sex is more within the range of usual probability, but that doesn't mean it's you. Odds are just odds, not fact. You get fact from a DNA test. If you were being told that you were overdue a lot near the end, then I'd worry. Otherwise I'd let it go unless you are willing to bring this out in the open.

Feb 13, 2012, 01:43 PM
    I just don't want to hurt my boyfriend family and its hurting me too no I wasn't over due but I'm scared
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
    As joypulv said, a June conception would be the most likely. It would be highly unlikely you conceived around May 18 as baby would have been born sometime in February... very early March at the absolute latest... and that would only happen if you were to have a doctor or midwife who would allow you to go past term. (not very likely)

Put your mind at ease and enjoy your family.

Feb 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Okay thanks but I had sex may 18 though I'm not sure what u meant by conceive?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 03:25 PM
    It is very unlikely but within extreme limits that it could be the May date, the only way you can really know for sure is a DNA test. Perhaps, since this does not require a court approved lab, get a home DNA kit where you send off in the mail to verify. Boyfriend will not know and you can double check to be sure.

Feb 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
    I did get a DNA test but the results will b in mail in 3 weeks I'm extremely stressed the test is threw child support

Feb 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
    The results from the child support office will be in mail in 3 weeks that's why I'm just nervous and afraid but I evenn had a period June 7 and took 2 dollar store pregnancy test an both where negative but I don't know if it was accurate because its dollar store
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2012, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebeauty View Post
    Okay thanks but I had sex may 18 though I'm not sure what u meant by conceive?
    You had sex on May 18. If you were near the time of ovulation in your cycle, the sperm may live for a few days... some perhaps several days, but that is not the norm. You can only conceive, or become pregnant, if sperm are present when you ovulate. Conception does not have to occur the exact day that you had sex... it can be, and often is, within the few days afterwards. Sex at times other than close to ovulation would not result in pregnancy as sperm wouldn't survive very long.

Here's an example: sex on May 18... say you did happen to ovulate and become pregnant around May 20. You would likely have had baby around the end of January to the middle of February. If ovulation occurred a few days later, and some hardy sperm happened to survive that long, you would have had baby about early February to late February.

Feb 13, 2012, 04:09 PM
    @ doula okay now I finally understand conceiving... nd I'm just overly stress but do you think I have nothing to worry about? Some lady said I can still get pregnant in may and I just been so worried omg
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2012, 04:55 PM
    I'd say that you have nothing to worry about. Obviously see what the DNA results show.

If you had become pregnant soon after the May encounter, and had your baby on March 14, your pregnancy would have gone over 43 weeks... very close to 44. While some women naturally do have a longer gestation than the norm, it is rare and even more rare that a doctor would allow you to go much past 42 weeks. Baby was not overdue, so you couldn't have become pregnant from sex on May 18.

The date of your last period, the timing of the sex with your partner, and the date of baby's birth, all add up to your partner being the father.

Feb 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Okay it all adds up to my boyfriend and this lady going to say the may guy Smh But yea I have no choice but to wait until the results come in mail lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My baby moms mother and father won't let me see my baby what do I do [ 3 Answers ]

Were both 18 I go to college in Indiana I have a job she doesn't

Can a woman decide she no longer wants child support from father [ 3 Answers ]

I am paying child support for a daughter that is 6, that I have not seen since she was 4months. The reason, I am charged with a felony for child endangerment. Was never married to the mother, and have been paying child support all along. Mother of my child now has another child with a man she is...

Am I pregnant? Extremely scared and stressed. [ 6 Answers ]

I am extremely worried that I might be pregnant - please pardon the explicit descriptions, but I think the detail is the only way that can ensure accuracy about this. I would be very grateful if you could take your time to read through this... The last day of my period was about 08/08, and...

STRESSED--hurting the baby! [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I really need prayer right now. We are not doing all that well. Our financial situation is crushing us, which, in turn is putting a strain on our relationship. I am stressing out over money, bills, etc. and I know I don't need to be. Being 5 months pregnant, everything I do affects...

View more questions Search