Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amber_101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
    I know I'm pregnant but none of the tests are coming out positive
    Look I'm having all the symptoms I'm having headaches, lower back pain, nausea, night sweats, sore and leaking breasts, lightheadness, hot flashes and increasing size of my stomach that is hard and round and I look like I did when I was 51/2 to 6 months along with my other 3 kids. What should I do? I know I'm pregnant--there's no ifs and or buts about it. I'm also feeling moving and kicking. Can you tell me what I should do, since the blood and the urine tests are coming out negative.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
    You can ask your doctor to do an ultrasound.
    amber_101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
    He doesn't think I am cause of the tests not coming back positive but he sees I'm showing big time
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Jan 29, 2012, 11:48 PM
    If a blood test is coming back negative it would be doubtful you're pregnant. But if a doctor can see you are visibly "showing" then you would definitely need further diagnostics to figure out what is going on.
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Jan 29, 2012, 11:48 PM
    When was your last period?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
    Hasn't your doctor done an internal exam? If you're allegedly that far along, you should have had a sonagram and be taking prenatal vitamins and having monthly internal exams
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Even if the tests are negative, clearly you're having issues that could be hormonal or even digestive such as constipation. An ultrasound would be beneficial. Maybe you should try your family physician if your gyn isn't being very helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

I am seven days late I took two pregnancy tests that were positive am I pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I am seven days late I took two pregnancy tests that were positive am I pregnant the first positive was on the day of my missed period the second positive was two days later I am now seven days late. Am I pregnant?

2 tests shown up as positive. Does this guarantee that she is pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Ex girlfriend claims to be pregnant and everybody now knows. Can you show up as positive in two or more tests and not actually be pregnant?

View more questions Search