Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Question2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 07:52 AM
    Should I be worried
    I had unprotected sex a few days before christmas . About 30 minutes after the encounter I went to the pharmacy and purchased the next choice (morning after pill) I took one pill 30 minutes after unprotected sex and the 2nd one exactly 12 hours later as told. A few days later I came on my period . Though lighter than usual I'm assuming it was period. Now a month later I'm about 3 days late and haven't come on my period . Should I be concerned?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
    Hi Question2... welcome to AMHD,

Odds are great that you have nothing to be concerned about, however, no form of birth control, even emergency contraception, is 100% effective. Any of the "morning after" pills can throw your cycle off at first. Give it another week, if still no period, try a pregnancy test. If it is negative, which it likely will be, see what happens next month when you would expect your period at that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I so worried? [ 1 Answers ]

I've gotten very behind in a class and will probably be kicked out if I haven't already, I'm just wondering how mad do you think the people around me will be when I tell them. I'm a Junior in college (community college), 19 years old, my parents haven't had to pay a dime yet since I was on a high...

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

I'm worried [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and today I saw in my pantyliner that I had redish orange discharge but I dpn't have any cramping and I'm worried is that normal!

View more questions Search