Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuvLittleSara Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2004, 07:56 PM
    Period?
    I'm confused with what is going on with my body. A week and a half ago I had sexual intercourse and the condom broke. The thing is, if it even matters, I knew when at the exact moment it broke and jumped off. I know the condom also had spermicide and my partner had not yet ejaculated into the condom.Right now I am suppose to be on my period, but it seems rather strange. I have brown dark blood stain my panties for 4 days now, not enough to soak them, and I have been seeing large blood clots too. I don't know if this is suppose to be my period or what? I had never had a light period that only consisted of brown blood and clots so this is not normal. If anyone knows what this is please let me know.
    saybier Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2004, 11:58 PM
    Possibly
    Stress sounds like the cause. Stress will do that kind of thing to your body but be on the safe side and see your doctor.
    Beenkie Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2005, 01:58 PM
    I don't know that's nvr happened to me... but of course I've nvr had intercourse so I couldn't tell you but I do know a lot about health but not about this... but I recommend that you see a doctor because it could be anything... Sorry for the surprise but that's my opinion I'm sorry
    docv Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2005, 10:40 AM
    Curious
    I'm curious as to how old you are. Reason being, if you are young, I can understand why you would be surprised at the color of your period. If you are older, it would surprise me if this is your first encounter with a darker/clotting menstrual cycle. As someone a bit older, I have seen what you are seeing a couple times a year.

I agree that stress can cause the change, but also your body is flushing out all the "yuck" (a term my kid's taught me - patient's relate to it as well). The blood clots are "normal" as well.

Your menstrual cycle will continue to surprise you throughout your life... it's either too early, too late, too short, too long, etc...

My advice (besides the best, which would be to see your GYN Dr.) is to keep track of them, if you are late - take a pregnancy test or see your doc. However, if you bleed to the point you are soaking more than a pad an hour-you need to seek medical attention ASAP.

Good Luck!
    help me 14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvLittleSara
    I'm confused with what is going on with my body. A week and a half ago I had sexual intercourse and the condom broke. The thing is, if it even matters, I knew when at the exact moment it broke and jumped off. I know the condom also had spermicide and my partner had not yet ejaculated into the condom.Right now I am suppose to be on my period, but it seems rather strange. I have brown dark blood stain my panties for 4 days now, not enough to soak them, and I have been seeing large blood clots too. I don't know if this is suppose to be my period or what? I had never had a light period that only consisted of brown blood and clots so this is not normal. If anyone knows what this is please let me know.
    Hey the same thing happened to me. Well except the sexual part. I don't have sex.I want to stay a virgin until I am 20 years old.I am also proud of it.Well,I am more than 9 months late on my period,but I'm so scared to tell my mom about it. I want to see a doctor but I am only 14 years old.Can someone please help me. I am scared to death cause it's unusual for me to be so very late.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Poster #1, Sounds totally normal.

Poster #2, What is your BMI?- and your age suggests normality as well.

Cheers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About period.. [ 1 Answers ]

I had period.. end of July.. but still my period.. not comes.. Actually normally my period is irregular.. but I had been sex.. so if they any chance for get pagnent... Because I don't have any knowledge about... that.. So I am afraid... please give idea and what to do.. Thanks for kindly..

About My period [ 2 Answers ]

I usually start my period on or rught around the 19/20 th of the month, however, I have not started this month. Is it possible that if I had intercourse on the 13th that I got pregnant and it caused my period not to start? And if so, is it possible that it won't show up in a urine test yet?

Period [ 3 Answers ]

2 period in 1 month both light with pink/brown blood. I also had cramping. Could I be pregnant

View more questions Search