Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandyf_47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 11:49 AM
    PCOS and Infertility
    Hi. I had been having irregular periods and it was subsequently diagnosed as PCOS and have been undergoing treatment for the same.
    We had 3 cycles of Letrozole 5 mg, followed by HCG injection (provigil-India), with no success. This cycle, my period was a little later than expected and shorter than usual. A home pregnancy test came up negative and I started with the letrozole on day 8 of my cycle.
    On Day 12 I noticed red clots/mucous throughout the day, every time I visited the loo. This has never happened to me before. Today even on Day 15, my scan shows only small follicles.
    In addition I have dull ache in my lower back/abdomen, and occasionally a piercing pain in the lower back (left side). Its somewhat bearable so, I didn't think much of it.
    What worries me is this
    Why was my period late/lesser than usual?
    What was that bleeding/spotting due to?
    Why am I not responding to the letrozole for this cycle?
    My Gyn suggested a urine test (for urinary infection) and to start with FSH injections. I'm not sure what I should do. Please help.

Check out some similar questions!

Infertility questions [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 26 yrs old 5'3 about 100lbs I do eat my thyroids have been checked I've been told I will always be small. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for about 5 or 6 yrs with no luck not even a miscarage my ob checked me and said my uterus and cervix looked healthy but she thought that my...

The pill and infertility [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am am new on the site,I have been trying to conceive for last one and half year went on clomid for two months didn't work I want to give myself a break from infertility woes but want to start taking the pill to keep away possible infection and cancers ...

Question about infertility [ 7 Answers ]

Just found the site today, this is my first post. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. In March it was determined that I had blockage in my tubes and that same month I had laparoscopy to remove the blockage. It is now the end of Aug and still no pregnancy. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.