Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katie19_13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 09:41 PM
    I've been trying to get pregnant for two years
    I've been trying to get pregnant by at home insemination with donor sperm for 2 years and still have not gotten pregnant I was wondering if there is something wrong with me I'm going to try again this time just started my period on the 11th. I get my period ever month right on time for 7 days really heavy and I use the clear blue ovalation tests is there something I should do or not be doing or am I unable to get pregnant
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Hi Katie19_13,

There are a number of possible reasons, starting with the quality of the sperm you have. How has it been stored? What steps were used in the collection and transfer?

Also, it is important to keep in mind that ovulation tests tell you when you are most likely to ovulate, not that you actually do. If you are trying to hit the mark on a specific day, you could be off by just hours and that can make all the difference. Most women become pregnant from having had intercourse in the days leading up to ovulation instead of the actual day itself.

Since it has been two years, it would be wise to see your doctor for some initial testing to rule out any possible fertility problems. You didn't mention it, but age itself may be one factor. If you are using the sperm from the same donor, it would also be wise to have it assessed as well.

While at-home insemination can be possible, you might also want to speak to your doctor about alternatives as well to be sure you have every opportunity for success. They can refer you to a reproductive endocrinologist for even more assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get pregnant been trying for 5 years [ 2 Answers ]

I been with my boyfriend for five years didn't get pregnant yet we never use protection

15 years old and pregnant! HELP! [ 7 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I am about 5 weeks pregnant. I am scared to death. I don't know where do go or what to do. I am worried about telling my mum or someone else. I would just like some advice on what to do and where to go to talk to someone.

I'm 14 years old and I think I'm pregnant someone help me? Am I ? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex multiple times a couple weeks ago now I should be starting my period and it started as a brown discharge then it turned into a dark almost blackish type thing? I've been getting hives on and off the palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet will itch really...

I'm 15 years old, I think I may be pregnant. [ 1 Answers ]

I am on seasonique birth control and I have been for a month and a half. I had sex about 3 to 4 weeks ago and lately I have had headaches, white mucusy discharge, I've gained 8 pounds, my breast are sore and have grown a lot, plus, I'm sometimes nausios. I took a couple of pregnancy texts a week or...

2 years and still not pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 23 and we have been together for 2 years and we have been having sex without any type of contraception and still nothing has happened in really starting to worry now that he may be infertile or myself please help? :confused:

View more questions Search